• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

sun How much sun

Ive got my plants set out to get sun up to about 1pm everyday, so they are getting sun from 7 am to 1 pm but was wondering if they would thrive more having sun up to about 3 everyday. Mind you it has been 90 here everyday.

Once they've been hardened off, you should leave them out in sun all the time. If it's very hot, water them more frequently.

PEPPERS GROW IN MEXICO.......

They can actually take 24 hours of sun if you can get it.

They like a little abuse too! LET 'EM HAVE IT!!!!!

Keep in mind, there is a difference between peppers in the ground and in containers. Those in containers will normally require a lot more water, those in the ground don't. The neat thing about containers is you can move them around!

Mike

Someday when I am independantly wealthy,;), I will have a giant 7 POT plant on the back of a flat bed truck.

I will drive it from east coast to west, staying in the sun, then onto a fast ship, always staying in the sun, until it is so big it becomes self aware, and begins to drive the truck while it ponders whether or not to let mankind live.;)

cheezydemon said:
Someday when I am independantly wealthy,;), I will have a giant 7 POT plant on the back of a flat bed truck.

I will drive it from east coast to west, staying in the sun, then onto a fast ship, always staying in the sun, until it is so big it becomes self aware, and begins to drive the truck while it ponders whether or not to let mankind live.;)

Ahh man, you stole my idea. Except I was gonna use a Datil.

In my opinion the more hours of sun the better, but you may want some filtered light, or shade cloth to help cool things down in the hot Texas summer

cheezydemon said:

Just grow a plant in the North(or south) for the summer where there is always sun;)

cheezydemon said:

ROTFLMAO!!!

Be carefull, you'd most likely be the closest meal. :D

Why not place it in a greenhouse in space? :lol:

QuadShotz said:
Like this one?

http://www.spacegarden.net/

Derived from actual stuff used on the ISS. ;)

What I had in mind, since he was chasing the sun, was a position in space around the First Lagrangian Point, where the combined gravity of the Earth and sun will keep an object in an orbit locked to the Earth-Sun line. There he would enjoy an uninterrupted view of our closest star. :)

Silver_Surfer said:
What I had in mind, since he was chasing the sun, was a position in space around the First Lagrangian Point, where the combined gravity of the Earth and sun will keep an object in an orbit locked to the Earth-Sun line. There he would enjoy an uninterrupted view of our closest star. :)

Yeah, but you gotta share the space with those geeks running SOHO.
They might steal ur pepperz.

Skydiver said:
Yeah, but you gotta share the space with those geeks running SOHO.
They might steal ur pepperz.

:lol: :lol:

There's enough room at that point for more than one space platform. Just imagine what the transportation costs would be for the harvest.

Silver_Surfer said:
:lol: :lol:

There's enough room at that point for more than one space platform. Just imagine what the transportation costs would be for the harvest.

Alas, too true.

We need to invent some BDBs (big dumb boosters) to kick off space-bourne pepper harvesting operations. I guess we could also start mining NEO asteroids as well, but yeah, zero-g L1 pepper farming, here we come!

Wow, sorry to completely jack the thread.;)

I think the question has been answered?

IFnot,......

How much sun can peppers take?

answer............. HOW MUCH YA GOT??;)

i dont agree..

i think some species thrive better in partial sun...

my bhuts did better in partial sun then in full sun....

JMO

All data should be looked at, but in my experience, only heat south of Tennesee or so can be detrimental, even in the presence of plenty of water.

Here in Ky, as long as there is enough water, the hotter and sunnier the better.

I always say the more hours of light the better but even here in Canada I use shade cloth at times to filter the light, mostly on my greenhouse plants and/or with certain C. pubescens varieties

I have my containers in filtered light under a tree because of the extreme heat where I live. It is already getting in to the mid 90F's and it is about 10 degrees cooler in the midday shade. I still expect my plants to stop producing in late July and August no matter what. My plants look greener in the shade and don't dry out as fast. I will move them to full sunlight in the fall.

Hotpeppa said:
i dont agree..

i think some species thrive better in partial sun...

my bhuts did better in partial sun then in full sun....

JMO

Most of my Nagas - including 3 of Hotpeppas Bhuts are all getting partial shade and seem to be thriving. I do have one Bhut in full sun and so far it looks happy as well. We've had so much rain lately, full sun is fleeting. The bulk of my plants get sun from 8am until 3pm, and shade after.

Back