• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

water how much water?

How much and how often? I have some plants in a 20L (5gallon) pot, some of the plants need water every day, some large one 2 times a day. I water from bottom, i fill maybe 0,5L (1/8 gallon) and the plant/soil suck it up in 5-10 min. I water them from top sometime too, but is it best to water from bottom? How much water is normal to use in a 5gallon pot, the temp is 18c at nigth and up to 35c at day, they are inside a greenhous.

2014-07-17%2016.54.01%20%28Medium%29.jpg

Honestly, watering is HIGHLY variable depending on your soil/temps/light/heat/pot size/plant size.......

There is really no good answer. If you can stick a bamboo skewer in the dirt and it comes up clean and dry - water them. If you do the same and it comes up with moist dirt on it - their good. That's the best all around solution I can think of.

I've had plants that need over a gallon a day, where ones next to them would be fine for 3 days or more at a time.

I prefer watering from the top personally but unfortunately if you get fungus gnats you're best doing it from the bottom. Your plants look good so I dont think you need to worry! 

Back