• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

How old are you?

Seems like yesterday i was getting into clubs and pubs at the age of 15. I had to start shaving at 14!
Now i've got two boys that are 7 and 3, time flies. I started enjoying the taste of olives around 12 but the taste of a good single malt didnt get me until about 27.

My liver is well preserved (in alcohol) so it would be around 57 i would say :lol:
I'm 31 but still that feel like i am 21, age is only a number to me.

Geezus you sound just like me but minus the kids bit

its not the age that determines the acquired taste.. the how long have you been trying hot peppers. the younger you start the better :) hehe

btw i am 38 but my wife says i am like a kid. hehe :)

36. Olives started tasting good around late 20's...Same with hot foods, and it's just getting better! You can't beat a single malt scotch whiskey for tatse, but I drink to get drunk ;)

Yeah it was just an observation, I know there are cultural exemptions and individual exemptions...
I introduced myself to quality whiskey when I was in my peak binge drinking era, and the more I had the more I enjoyed it.

I started introducing "gourmet" food into my diet so I could enjoy them with my misses, she loves it (but not overpowering chilli. Actually she impressed me recently by eating a pizza covered in birds eye peppers (not planned but it was a nice surprise). I am very adaptable, and now I enjoy all of these little gem's that other people seem to not have interest for, I believe kidney beans is one of these specialized tastes in Australia, but the more I eat them, the more I love them. I now put them in con carne, nachos ect.

Started maybe 7 or 8 months ago eating chillies, for the purpose of increasing my tolerance, but I fell in love with them.
Came from not being able to hand the peppers you find at supermarkets (mild) or even jalapenos, but now I can eat dried superhots including the ButchT without thinking twice or regretting it.

I had a feeling I was amongst the younger people on this forum but I just wanted to clarify this. :hell:

Well this lady doesn't mind ( too much) telling her age...I've earned all these gray hairs...this year is bringing me up to 13 greatgrandkids so I am blessed. I am 66 and 11/12 lol. I have been gardening for a few years, since I was a kid.

almost 62...been eating peppers since I helped grandma in the garden with her cayennes, tabascos, and some she called little bullets...and they were hot to me back then..sure wish I had some of those little bullet pepper seeds...they were yellow and about the size of a pequin...I love it hot...the burn is fine but as I get older, I am more into the taste of the pepper...of course, it has to have the burn to go with it...

I'm 65 for another 6 months. I agree that somethings are enjoyed in a different way as we age. It's all good my friend.

40. This morning feel about 60 though. :( Tore up my knee and the doc who operated said I'd get arthritis there much sooner than usual, and this weather has me feeling it today.

40. This morning feel about 60 though. :( Tore up my knee and the doc who operated said I'd get arthritis there much sooner than usual, and this weather has me feeling it today.

I feel your pain SD...its called traumatic degenerative arthritis...I cut my right leg half in two right in the knee joint 34 years ago and got the same thing...bone on bone in the right knee and I am just delaying a full knee replacement as long as I can stand the pain...since I don't run and play sports anymore, I may get away with another couple of years...

Brother! Always wanted a brother too but had to make do with two older sisters!

2 older sisters???? you poor bastige. I am heading up to the Gold Coast this weekend to catch up with my younger siblings for a week. I will have to inform them they now have two older brothers ha ha.

Back