How r ur peppers going in Perth west oz?

Cheers for the comments guys. I haven't picked a Peach Scorp yet but i'll let you know when i do.

Great Dhuie there Thirdegree. Was that a bit over the 20kg mark mate or 20lb? Must have been a fat bugger to be over the magical 20kg mark  :P
Pretty elusive that 20 plus club. They keep nocking me back!!!!!

Micca

Micca302 said:
Cheers for the comments guys. I haven't picked a Peach Scorp yet but i'll let you know when i do.

Great Dhuie there Thirdegree. Was that a bit over the 20kg mark mate or 20lb? Must have been a fat bugger to be over the magical 20kg mark  :P
Pretty elusive that 20 plus club. They keep nocking me back!!!!!

Micca
If this little fella was 20 Lb, you can call me Keith the Midget.

Plucked him North of the Alkimoss and if "memory serves and the scales were correct" ( standard fisherman's disclaimer ), he went 20.3 Kgs.
For perspective, I am 6'3 and 100 kgs. Quite common stats for forum site participants. 

Look forward to hearing your comments on that wicked peach pod when it hits the table.

Have a great Long Weekend gents. Its time to sign off and have a coldie or 3.

Hahaha no probs mate just razzin ya up seeing you didn't put anything after the 20. Thought I might get a bite :P
Bloody damn good catch specially for locally. The best I've managed is a 15Kg from Rotto and a mates managed a 18kg from Cervantes.
Have you seen how damn expensive it is to buy in the local fish markets pheeew it's mindboggling :shocked:

I picked a Peachy so will have a try over the weekend

Now a coldie mmmmmm that sounds damn fine

Micca

Had my first Jays Peach Ghost Scorp on the weekend. Man this mutha is HOT!!!!!!!

I'm not too good with descriptions but I will give it a go.
This one had a very intense Chinense smell similar to the 7-pod Yellow. The flavour was what people would say fruity with a strong Chinense flavour.
The searing burn kicks in quick and is hotter than the usual lighter coulours like the yellows, oranges etc but does not linger for tooo long.

Hey Thirdegree I have kept those seeds you see in there so will send sum through when dried out  :P

Micca

Great looking Pod their Micca, surprisingly very few seeds in there.  
How's the rest of the plant looking - still some more winter pod surprises.

I have 4 more pods ripening on the Jonah and that will be him done for the year. Will get the big haircut soon.

Looking forward to next season, a lot more varieties hitting the dirt. Seedlings are really starting to take off under the T5's.

It's still amazes me how freakin hot these Superhots are.
I thought that I could handle any Chilli until I tried my first 7PJ pod this year.
As much as I cry like a little girl when chowing down on one, I still keep going back for more.

Can be very addictive this Chilli eating, we burn the hell out of ourselves then come back for more.
Nothin better though than a nice coldie and a munch on a Chilli  :cool:
Those Jonahs are a great tasting Chilli too. Any of the 7-pots get my vote!

With the Chinense family(habs, bhuts, scorps etc) they do have less seeds than the usual jalapeno, pequins, birdseyes etc but some of the superhots are worse.
Someone did mention sometime that the hybrids have even less seeds but not too sure about that one.
The plant has only a couple left then it will be done for the season.

I have been surprised at how well my raised bed has been doing. Specially compared to my pots.
Still got a harvest to come off them and my Jonah is trying to flower  :shocked:
I have tomorrow off to do sum work on my boat so will have to take some comparison piccies.

Hey Thirdegree send me your address sometime and will send u sum seeds.
A trifector of some Jays Peach Ghost Scorp, 7-Pod Brain Strain and sum Carolina Reaper should sort u out.

Micca

So you are good at working on Boats?

What do you think I can do with this one???

Sorta caught fire coming over the sand dunes on the way out of Steep Point a few years back.
Lost a heck of a lot of gear stored in the boat - no insurance - ouch.

Had to toe him all the way back to Perth in this condition. Very slow trip home.

Sent you a PM re address.

Cheers

boat20.jpg

Woahhhh Mate that is some gutted rig there. I have never seen anything like that before!
Luckily it was after your trip. I don’t think I would even have bothered taking it home, should have left it as a momento.
Man I would have been devoed!
Yeah gotta do some work on my boat tomorrow. I’m removing the sounder and trying to do some stuff to get her ready to sell. It’s a 1969 monohull and sick and tired of working on her and the trailer.
I’m looking at upgrading to a Cat, so if anyone knows of any up for sale let me know  :P

I’ll send out some seeds when they are dry.

Micca

Nice work Super David! Some of those pumpkins get HUGE.

Good luck with the Peachys they really are a great one.

Micca

Just started a trail run / experiment with my germination and grow light set-up.  I planted two Mustard Hab and Seasoning Pepper seeds donated by Micca (many thanks), four Jalapeno and Thai Birds Eye (taken from supermarket bought pods).   

Stupidly I forgot to label the pots (doh!), one has sprouted... I'm guessing its a Jalapeno, but will only find out when/if the other seeds pop as I put 2 or 4 seeds to a cell.

Also have a ton of Thai Basil seeds all sprouted and going for it under the lights.

Great to see you are getting started rainman.
Man forgot to label pots doh! Wasn't after a couple of beers was it :-)
U will be able to tell the seasong pepper and Hab from the others when they grow up a bit.

Micca

[SIZE=18pt]For the title match tonight we have the fight of the century[/SIZE]

[SIZE=18pt]                     RAISED BED Vs POTS[/SIZE]

In the left corner weighing in at not much at all we have the Chilli pot division-

vgpp4.jpg

30sf5oi.jpg

69qj2e.jpg

And in the right corner weighing in as a hefty who knows we have the Raised Bed Division-

esstp2.jpg

2iggh1k.jpg

28bry11.jpg

Jamaican Scotch Bonnet

2cr0rdh.jpg

7-Pod Jonah

34680bc.jpg

Ts Morouga Yellow

2cwmlaw.jpg

Reaper

As you can see the Raised bed has KO’d the scrawny pot division.
Win Win Win to the raised bed Chilli Division

Just a little photo comparison of pots vs raised beds in my back garden.
Pictures taken on the same day.

Happy Chilli Growing,
Micca

Great Pics,

The raised beds have given the pots a flogging.

Looking at the labelling of your pots, you have a great spread of plants growing. Nice.

Love the Reaper Pic - Evil, Evil, Evil.

Thanks Thirdegree  :cool:
Love growing all the unusual and Landrace Chinenses. I think I might have a Chilli problem  :lol:
Oh and yes the Reaper is EVIL, pure EVIL!

I had a few more peachy Ghost Scorps than I thought on my plant so might make a powder and see what they are like. The smell on these are amazingly brutal!

Micca

I highly recommend the mini heated greenhouse they sell at Bunnings if anyone wants a fast way to germinate seeds.  In less than a week I have plenty of sprouts :)

It was around $50-$55, but if you have the spare cash I've found it works well without needing too much attention once its plugged in and there's enough water to keep the humidity.  

Micca - I'll be looking to emulate your raised bed success this coming season.  Some damn nice looking pods there dude.

Here in Australia, as long as they keep ripping us off with uncomposted bark mixed with sand and polymer wetters, sold to us as "premium" potting mix, ground will always kick ass over pots. ;)

But seriously, looking good, Micca! Are the pod shots recent? Nothing like pods in winter... :cool:

Hey Gas been a while, Nice to hear from ya Mate.

They sure are some winter pods. I have a Jonah and Peachy Ghost Scorp still trying to flower  :P  its crazy for this time of year!

As you say too whats in the soil is a big thing. I definitely keep away from any wetters in any mix.
it's hard getting the right balance in a pot but i'm working away at it. Trying more composted bark this season to see if it helps to offset the bogginess of the wormcastings.

Hope you are going well over in Brissy. Did you have any luck this season?

Micca

Back