• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

How r ur peppers going in Perth west oz?

Ugh, the plants I have brought down to bunno and put on my balcony have been absolutely hammered by the wind. I think my chilli adventure might have to be put on hold unless someone can think of some way of creating a windbreak that isn't going to piss off the building management. I would have thought being on the side of the building facing away from the sea would have sheltered me :(

Shadecloth is the best windbreak I've found. Cable tie some to the rail if you have that sort of balcony. Non destructive, doesn't look dodgy.

Ugh, the plants I have brought down to bunno and put on my balcony have been absolutely hammered by the wind. I think my chilli adventure might have to be put on hold unless someone can think of some way of creating a windbreak that isn't going to piss off the building management. I would have thought being on the side of the building facing away from the sea would have sheltered me :(
Don't forget the morning it's all east wind

Here are some of the ones that I got from Megamoo also. Thanks Megamoo! :D I trimmed some of the more yellow leaves off so they look a little bit naked but there's been new growth on all of them and they have "greened up" a lot.

Choc Bhut - The leaves started getting more and more green from the stem towards the tip but there's still a bit to go on this one. Is this normal? Would epsom salt spraying/extra shot of fertiliser help?
P1112577_zpsb76cb0a6.jpg

TS Choc - nice new leaves coming in
P1112592_zpsc8d012f3.jpg

Moruga yellow - seems to be the happiest
P1112572_zps8ea3be2c.jpg

7-Pot - This one had a few brown spots appear on the leaves so I moved it away from the others just in case but they seem to be slowly disappearing
P1112567_zpsaaf990fc.jpg

Thanks again Megamoo! You're very generous. I hope to repay the favour someday.
Chris

Here are some of the ones that I got from Megamoo also. Thanks Megamoo! :D I trimmed some of the more yellow leaves off so they look a little bit naked but there's been new growth on all of them and they have "greened up" a lot.

Choc Bhut - The leaves started getting more and more green from the stem towards the tip but there's still a bit to go on this one. Is this normal? Would epsom salt spraying/extra shot of fertiliser help?
P1112577_zpsb76cb0a6.jpg

P1112592_zpsc8d012f3.jpg

P1112572_zps8ea3be2c.jpg

7-Pot - This one had a few brown spots appear on the leaves so I moved it away from the others just in case but they seem to be slowly disappearing
P1112567_zpsaaf990fc.jpg

Chris
Dude I think you were holding your camera upside down

Clear perspex dude.

Clear perspex dude.

P1112577_zpsb76cb0a6.jpg

P1112592_zpsc8d012f3.jpg

P1112572_zps8ea3be2c.jpg

P1112567_zpsaaf990fc.jpg

Chris

No Epsom !!!! Just potem into good soil and give them a chance to move in , if u fert them ull kill them

Less is more , time is the key

Cool, thanks. I've just been watering them occassionally and letting them settle so I guess I'll keep doing that. I think I need to work on this patience thing :P haha.

I think in general if a leaf has yellowing or burn marks it will never get better and turn green again but if the cause is addressed the next leaves won't be dodgy.

I'm sure they r fine

Get excited ppl just made my first steak blend!!!
Moruga and sum secret hobo spices
DDAF47F5-5E3E-4061-BB63-435FC6125C60-2202-000003A9F397E4EB.jpg

Ill let u all know unless it makes me blind I may have over done the moruga , hum nah it probly needs more

Fudge me, that is bullsh*t.... how the hell do you make your plants do that??? :snooty: :lol:
Cum on gas it's my first season I ain't giving all me tricks away lol

Wait till next year bigger ,better and farrrkin hotter

Not bad for pots then :)

Mr moo ur a sauce guru might need to pick ur brain if u don't mnd

Next time I make powder might open the carport door

Don't forget the morning it's all east wind

Yep. Here's my balcony looking east -

8375076661_fa71662214_h.jpg

And here it is looking south.

8375077739_7198a569c3_h.jpg

The main bluster seems to come from the east - It's even bad in the afternoon and at night for some reason. I think shadecloth might be my best bet because perspex will rattle like crazy and also be more expensive. Perhaps I could roll out a few meters of the stuff along the railing facing south (just up to the rail) up to where the pylon starts and secure it with ties? Then I could put plants alone that railing beneath the windbreak.

Okay my steak blend = hiccup hiccup hiccup but I can still c , was so yum sweating bucket every 1 like u ok :) fark yeah quite punchy

Morugaaaaaaaaa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So drunk with a hot burn

Yep. Here's my balcony looking east -

8375076661_fa71662214_h.jpg

And here it is looking south.

8375077739_7198a569c3_h.jpg

The main bluster seems to come from the east - It's even bad in the afternoon and at night for some reason. I think shadecloth might be my best bet because perspex will rattle like crazy and also be more expensive. Perhaps I could roll out a few meters of the stuff along the railing facing south (just up to the rail) up to where the pylon starts and secure it with ties? Then I could put plants alone that railing beneath the windbreak.
3mm Perspex is about $30m2.

Perspex will be my next option if shadecloth doesn't work. I worry that it will make noise and that I'd have to drill holes or something to attach it.

Here's what I've tried so far.

8375541773_03a825d62d_h.jpg

Mr moo ur a sauce guru might need to pick ur brain if u don't mnd

ummm..... I wouldn't call myself a guru, but ask me anything.

I've made a few sauces by following recipes. They've all been fairly mild for non-chilliheads, but heating them up isn't that hard you just add more chilli :D

If you want to know about bottling and sterilising there's a good thread on here about the best way to do it. Apparently its considered impolite to give people botulism.

That shadecloth looks the goods nemspy. The wind might swirl over and down but the direct blast will be stopped dead. Plants will do best right next to the cloth.

ummm..... I wouldn't call myself a guru, but ask me anything.

I've made a few sauces by following recipes. They've all been fairly mild for non-chilliheads, but heating them up isn't that hard you just add more chilli :D

If you want to know about bottling and sterilising there's a good thread on here about the best way to do it. Apparently its considered impolite to give people botulism.

That shadecloth looks the goods nemspy. The wind might swirl over and down but the direct blast will be stopped dead. Plants will do best right next to the cloth.
M8 seen posts of ur sauce and look yum

Nempsy bro where u at? Lol looks like freo

:think: Maybe not chillies but I bet you've had some experience growing stuff?? :high:

I've changed my mind, everyone, I vote pots or ground for the grow off...... :lol:
Ur paranoid :) lol scared even m8 if u wanna go ground I'm guna dig a muda fark in crater in me lawn ;) saying that i cud still pi$$ wig apot

Pick ya poison bro :)

Back