• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

How r ur peppers going in Perth west oz?

:welcome:

There are so many Perth growers. Post some pics of your plants.

I should also add that I and others were really talking up the Green Life stuff but we got a bad batch which we think caused a lot of pods to rot from the inside. Their stuff is generally pretty good though so it was probably a one off.

My outdoor carolina reaper has a nice little pod growing!
P1030853reap_zps573ad01e.jpg

P1030850reap_zpsf28ad1f3.jpg

The problem for green life soil it has a clay in it that holds too much water.

I still have some plants to give away people.
I have Yellow 7 pot, Trinidad scorpion, Moruga, Douglah, Ghost hab and Giant JalapeƱo.

The problem for green life soil it has a clay in it that holds too much water.

I still have some plants to give away people.
I have Yellow 7 pot, Trinidad scorpion, Moruga, Douglah, Ghost hab and Giant Jalapeño.
I dont actually want the plant but I'm curious to see the pods from the giant jalapeno! did it produce some really big pods?

Had many chats with green life but they changed the mix and even they admit the change has made issues for chilli plants, still good soil

My reaper all grubbed out still no seeds off it

my four superhots are not cranking along.

Not sure what they are exactly (they are all different) because i lost the name tags...

WHen the pods are a big more developed ill post pics.

Also damn aphids are going crazy now....spraying with pyrenthum seems to hurt the leaves (i do it at night). AFter spraying a lot seem to drop off/.

G' day fellow Perth growers,
Its a geat thing you've got going here, i've been reading & learning a fair bit. Thanks
I recently bought Wildfires Yellow moruga scorpion & Yellow bhut jolokia which are going nicely except for the bloody afids.
Got a few pods on the scorpion but only flowers on the bhut. I nearly killed the bhut when first got her left her out in the sun one hot day & all the leaves fell off it wasnt happy. Its covered in flowers but im not getting anything yet.
Im off to pour a chilli rum its nearly lunch time.
Cheers

Give me a "p"
Give me a "e"
Ah sod it give me a :beer:
Lol rock on
Ok stumped 20 plants and gave loads away to many close together appears to promote problem ie the GRUBS!!!!

I've been having a lot of trouble with super hots this season - can't even get a hab going. Nothing but blossom drop, even though I treat them just like my other plants.

Cheiro Goias
8616332402_26e71d3eea_b.jpg

Anaheim
8616331198_8119743968_h.jpg

Still unsure on this one -- looks polanoish but a bit different - perhaps Mulatto?
8616330366_8fd1be2942_h.jpg

Some sort of Thai pepper with seeds from one from Coles
8616329178_542149fa55_h.jpg

Hungarian Black
8615219699_e0d0a708d6_h.jpg

Probably a poblano
8616326726_cb723d45e3_h.jpg

Jamaican Red - probably the closest thing to a "superhot" I have podding.
8616320544_3b89053b9e_h.jpg

I've found that even when all my other chilies were having trouble making pods the jamaican red and yellow turned almost every flower into a pod! they dont seem to care about anything.

I've now completely changed the water in all my chili hydroponic reservoirs now so hopefully even my fussier super hots will hang onto more pods!

Does anyone else get pods that sort of stall in their growth and go a bit wrinkled and mushy and never do anything? I Wonder what causes that.

has happened in the past, sometimes I think the plant has aborted it because something is wrong, either with the plant or the pod. Most of the time its those bloody grubs!

This hasn't happened to me all season, although I've had a few pods with sunscald. But yesterday I picked a big Yellow 7 Pot that was complete mush on one side! I get the rare pod that has a soft spot but this one was complete mush. So maybe its grubs or some sort of infection?

My plants are starting to look pretty crappy. They'll probably keep growing for months yet but my head is planning next season. Right now I'm leaving them and harvesting what I can but if any plant gets a problem it'll be cut down. I'm fed up with throwing out so many chillies. :banghead:

This hasn't happened to me all season, although I've had a few pods with sunscald. But yesterday I picked a big Yellow 7 Pot that was complete mush on one side! I get the rare pod that has a soft spot but this one was complete mush. So maybe its grubs or some sort of infection?

My plants are starting to look pretty crappy. They'll probably keep growing for months yet but my head is planning next season. Right now I'm leaving them and harvesting what I can but if any plant gets a problem it'll be cut down. I'm fed up with throwing out so many chillies. :banghead:
I thought the soil chilies would go a bit longer than the hydroponics!
Mine are all hydroponic and they are the healthiest they've ever been!

I thought the soil chilies would go a bit longer than the hydroponics!
Mine are all hydroponic and they are the healthiest they've ever been!

Hey David, my outdoor Hydro's always out last the soil ones. Mine are absolutely busting out at the moment :cool:
I think I read somewhere too that you changed your water in the reseviour recently. With Hydro's they say if you are using tap water you need to totally change out the reseviour every 2 weeks(rain water every 4 weeks). I change mine probably every 3 weeks and do a flush out with water for a few days when I do.

Micca

The reason mine are crap is all the soil nutes have been exhausted and I can't be bothered to give them more because of all the pods that are being thrown out for bugs. Plus a lot of the pods are stunted, probably because of the earlier mite attack, and I've run out of freezer space. Real life keeps trying to take up all my time too!

Ok mostly its cos I can't be bothered. Got me eyes set on next season. I'm planning and designing all over the place ;)

The reason mine are crap is all the soil nutes have been exhausted and I can't be bothered to give them more because of all the pods that are being thrown out for bugs. Plus a lot of the pods are stunted, probably because of the earlier mite attack, and I've run out of freezer space. Real life keeps trying to take up all my time too!

Ok mostly its cos I can't be bothered. Got me eyes set on next season. I'm planning and designing all over the place ;)

yeah iv'e basically given up on my soil ones too. They struggle to keep up with the Hydro's and it kicks their ass everytime.
Would have all Hydro if I could afford it!

Micca

Hey David, my outdoor Hydro's always out last the soil ones. Mine are absolutely busting out at the moment :cool:
I think I read somewhere too that you changed your water in the reseviour recently. With Hydro's they say if you are using tap water you need to totally change out the reseviour every 2 weeks(rain water every 4 weeks). I change mine probably every 3 weeks and do a flush out with water for a few days when I do.

Micca
Yes up until recently i had just been topping up with nutrients but as I've been discovering over a couple of seasons it creates imbalances! So from now on I'll just completely change the reservoir water. I dont know that I'll do it every two weeks. I have pretty big reservoirs so I might go monthly or more, depending on what the plants are doing.
Right now all my chilies are going nuts! So much growth and pods coming through! Wish I had been flushing the reservoirs completely months and months ago.

Back