• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

how should I apply myco to sprouts?

Ordered some Plant Success Granular myco

should I wait until I transplant them to use it? or just pour some on top and water them? what would be best?

new%20009.jpg

Just go real easy on the quantity for now.

Because if that soil is a hot mix that was pre-fertilized, then adding your product may burn the seedlings, if you put too much that is (NPK = 3-1-2).

Try to use dechlorinated water on the initial application, because you know what chlorine does to bacteria...

Nightshade's idea is a good one imho.

If it is straight myco you can use right away when you transplant. If it is myco with some NPK, wait until you have some true leaves. I recommend Xtreme Gardening Myco...

Jetchuka said:
Try to use dechlorinated water on the initial application, because you know what chlorine does to bacteria...
that moment you realize you have been watering the mycorrhizae into your soil with chlorinated hose water.... epic fail for me

BigPapaPepper said:
that moment you realize you have been watering the mycorrhizae into your soil with chlorinated hose water.... epic fail for me
Lol, but I'm betting many survived.

I'm no water expert but i believe chlorine levels are there to prevent bacteria from forming/multiplying, as opposed to killing huge pre-existing colonies.

Depending on what type of chlorine it is, the air and soil ought to dissipate it pretty fast.

Jetchuka said:
Lol, but I'm betting many survived.

I'm no water expert but i believe chlorine levels are there to prevent bacteria from forming/multiplying, as opposed to killing huge pre-existing colonies.

Depending on what type of chlorine it is, the air and soil ought to dissipate it pretty fast.
Thanks for the positive note! I think you are probably right. I can't wait to see how the bacteria helps my grow this year

Back