• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

How the parts in high pressure aeroponics system are put and work together

Hello!
I'm wondering how the parts in HPA are connected . How does the schematics look?
I've read: http://thehotpepper.com/topic/36616-high-pressure-aeroponics/
but I'm not sure if I understand it.

HPAs_zpsbed2968e-1_zps3c7d0814.jpg

Where does the water enter to begin with? As far as I understand the water comes through the solenoid (3) and let water into the pipes which is then pressurized by the pump into the accumulator. When the accumulator lets off water it goes through the (2) pressure relief valve but what mechanism makes it not go back to the white pipes??

Thanks
/kosmos

probably should have just replied to the topic..

water enters @ #3 leaves at #7
there is too much pressure #3 or solenoid is closed no water will go that way.

anyway ebb&flow or rdwc or nft is seen as easier than aeroponics. many people only use aeroponics for cloning.

juanitos said:
probably should have just replied to the topic..

water enters @ #3 leaves at #7
there is too much pressure #3 or solenoid is closed no water will go that way.

anyway ebb&flow or rdwc or nft is seen as easier than aeroponics. many people only use aeroponics for cloning.

Hey, thanks for your answer. Yes, but I've tried basically all systems except aeroponics and I feel it's time I'd give it a try.

So the water that enters (5) is basically pre-pressurized? If no accumulator would be in place would the pump be able to pump water from a bucket or something? Do you know how high the pre-pressurized water the pump can handle before it breaks?

Thanks

water enters at #7, thru pump #6 which is controlled by pressure switch #5.
Pressure gauge #4 shows current pressure in the accumulator tank '#1
Pressure relief valve #2  is a safety feature which operates in the event pressure switch #5 fails to switch off the pump #6.
Solenoid #3 when operated by the cycle timer (not in the pic)  will allow pressurized water to flow from the accumulator tank #1 to the misting nozzles.

Back