• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

How to heat my grow box?

After seeing all of these plants that were started 1/1/09 ( same as mine ) but mine are now working on their secondary leaves, while others are HUGE compared to mine.

So, I'm thinking that the box is getting too cold. How can I heat these babies?
I was thinking of a ceramic heat lamp that screws into a bulb socket or I can get a heating pad? I just need suggestion FAST please. Thanks.

I do have one in there its not exactly designed for air temp... hmm. My fault. I'll get one of those too. I guess a digital one would be alright?

MrOneEyedBoh said:
I do have one in there its not exactly designed for air temp... hmm. My fault. I'll get one of those too. I guess a digital one would be alright?

Most any thermometer should work, you just want to have an idea what's going on in there before you start making changes.

Hey, what ever works! I've used aquarium thermometers and cheapos from the dollar store before.

You can get you a cricket....

"The field cricket is the black cricket that is commonly found in the U.S. For a field cricket, you need to count the number of chirps in 15 seconds and add 38 to obtain the temperature in degrees Fahrenheit"

:lol:

In my area Sav-a-Lot had food thermometers for $1.50 in the gadgets aisle. I bought 4 of them 'cause they were $4+ anywhere else.
And my theory with cheapo thermometers in general is: compare several at the store, toss the oddballs and buy the ones that agree with each other. YMMV.

caroltlw said:
In my area Sav-a-Lot had food thermometers for $1.50 in the gadgets aisle. I bought 4 of them 'cause they were $4+ anywhere else.
And my theory with cheapo thermometers in general is: compare several at the store, toss the oddballs and buy the ones that agree with each other. YMMV.

That's a good tip. Thanks!

Thats what Im running haha.. its ghetto but it was just to see whats what, but now that I'm sucking mud trying to get these things to grow I will get a regular thermometer and see whats up. I also added a fan to pull air through the box to keep the co2 at a limit etc. ( this was planned for later one when they got bigger ) I think the fan is pulling too much of my heat from the lights out..

Back