• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

How to hmmm..... acclimate your self to the superhots?

Haha, I'm waiting for the day my bhuts are done. I have NEVER ate anything that hot, and habs are even hot to me, but I can eat them. The pain is pretty bad, but every time I catch my self eating HOT hot peppers I'm usually sitting there with a beer in my hand. And I've heard ( Omri, where you at.. haha Another myth? :D ) that beer/alcohol can make the burn WORSE.

None the less, is there any way to get used to the heat. I would assume to continue to eat the hot stuff and then I would get used to it?

thanks!

Yes, another mindless thread from the MrOneEyedBoh

I would eat at least a sliver of habs every day for a while before you attempt a naga or scorpion or 7-pot. Fataliis are a good in between to get you ready. I made a vow to myself to eat one of each of my peppers whole when I grew them last year for the first time. That lead to eating a fatalii whole and then pepperidgefarms sent me some naga morich and I ate them. Then... AJ sent me the motherload and I tried nearly all the rest of the superhots in a couple of sittings (see Eating AJ's Superhots thread) and I had them all. I feel I kind of built my tolerance through the experience, but it still was a wild and painful experience. I will do it again though so I guess it was worth it. God, I love peppers!

MrOneEyedBoh said:
Hmm, but alcohol DOES make it worse right?

I think it depends. I've found that swishing straight vodka around your mouth and then spitting it out kills the burn considerably. It works almost as good as dairy to me.

Alcohol can extract cap, that we know... but often after drinking a beer, the burn reaches new places. it starts burning in places it shouldn't... :shocked:

My fresh chile tolerance always goes way down this time of year, but by mid summer It'll be up again to my normal woosie level:)

POTAWIE said:
My fresh chile tolerance always goes way down this time of year, but by mid summer It'll be up again to my normal woosie level:)

That is what I was going to say, tolerance is fleeting.

I keep dried hab flakes handy and eat them or a super hot sauce every day.

No more "crushed red" for pizzas and pastas, crushed habs are the way to go. LOVE THAT BURN!!

As far as sauce goes, I have 3 kids and no real time to mess with it. The best sauce I have was some "XXX carribean habanero sauce" that I diced up 4 trini scorpions into. It was OK before, with the scorps to kick it up, it is lethal!

It is OK to want to have tolerance, but make sure you are enjoying the burn!

I started eating some of the hotter peppers on EVERYTHING and after a while now not much gets me. I would say it took me about, hmmm.....a years and a half worth of doing that to really out eat most chili-heads.

I don't really see the point in training to get used to superhots. What's wrong with just eating what you enjoy?

Probably som macho thing a Swede would never understand;)

I jut love the hotness and burn of the hotter peppers. and I know the bhut is ruthless, so maybe there were some ehh pointers? haha

Back