• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

how to make hot oil???

I have alot of cayenne peppers this year and they are not all that hot just freash but the other day I overheated a pot of homemade soup with one pepper cut up.

I am thinking that a pail of peppers ran throgh the food processor then mixed with oil and heated on low overnight would work well???

I have a little hot plate that I could use outside so I dont kill the wife in her sleep.

what kind of oil ???

grapeseed??
olive??
corn??

Sauceman51 said:
salt n vinegar aren't needed. All that is required is completely dried peppers of your choice ( I use Habs ), and an oil of your choice ( I use either Olive or Canola ) heated or not.

Exactly, but if you do use fresh peppers(not dried) then you need vinegar an/or salt or major cooking. I prefer dried

if you use fresh peppers you're setting yourself up for a whole lot of problems. first of all you are adding water n oxygen with the peppers,
creating the perfect climate for bacteria to form. also with the fresh ones you would have to refrigerate, but even then your oil will only last about 1 month. Dried and non-refrigerated, my oil is a little over 1 year old, n still good.

Back