• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

How would you like to own shares in Boeing ?

Hi all,

Does anyone else have an interest in commercial aviation ?

Have been following all this Boeing versus Airbus stuff for some time now, and GE versus Rolls Royce for the engine side of things (let's forget P&W for now ...)

I wonder if Boeing will get enough profit out of their recent sales totaling 156 BILLION dollars from the Dubai airshow ?

I've heard the saying "if it's not Boeing, I ain't going". I'd like to know the opposite since I find the Airbus product to be superior.

Pity we have to wait until 2017 or later to be able to fly on both of their new products: A350-800/900/1000 versus 777-800/900.

But then again, if it meant getting on a Christchurch to London non-stop flight (which all the Boeing exec's are flogging off as being possible for the 777-800), I think I would prefer to read about it as opposed to suffering for that many hours in the air !

Regards,

Tim

PS - oh yeah, "if it IS Boeing, I ain't going" doesn't have the level of difference I'm after ;)

I have done work for the Dreamliner,A320 and currently A380. We signed a $600 million contract with them (Boeing) years ago and just recently signed another contract. Their shoddy practices and outsourcing affects my food intake,hopefully things run smoother with this.

Pr0digal_son said:
I have done work for the Dreamliner,A320 and currently A380. We signed a $600 million contract with them (Boeing) years ago and just recently signed another contract. Their shoddy practices and outsourcing affects my food intake,hopefully things run smoother with this.
Prod, the A320 and A380 are Airbus, not Boeing.

Living in the PNW I am partial to Boeing. I have flown on both and both are uncomfortable as shit. It all comes down to maintenance. Neither company is "better" than the other. They both outsource, they both use minimum wage labor, and they both make shit-tons of money. In essence, they are both the same.

And no, I don't want to invest in either company.

one thing i never understood about all commercial airlines... is why the seats are so god damned thick and bulky. seems to me like they should be no thicker than an 1".... make the seat material out of sprung breathable mesh fabric or something not foam and crap...

could get atleast 4 inches of additional leg room... or like 10 more people in the planes. there must be a reason for the huge seats tho... crash safety comes to mind.

queequeg152 said:
one thing i never understood about all commercial airlines... is why the seats are so god damned thick and bulky. seems to me like they should be no thicker than an 1".... make the seat material out of sprung breathable mesh fabric or something not foam and crap...

could get atleast 4 inches of additional leg room... or like 10 more people in the planes. there must be a reason for the huge seats tho... crash safety comes to mind.
all that PE foam is an additional fire hazard tho?

Scoville DeVille said:
Prod, the A320 and A380 are Airbus, not Boeing.
Living in the PNW I am partial to Boeing. I have flown on both and both are uncomfortable as shit. It all comes down to maintenance. Neither company is "better" than the other. They both outsource, they both use minimum wage labor, and they both make shit-tons of money. In essence, they are both the same.
And no, I don't want to invest in either company.
I know silly!! haha I was addressing this...

"Have been following all this Boeing versus Airbus stuff for some time now, and GE versus Rolls Royce for the engine side of things (let's forget P&W for now ...)"

The A380 would eat the Dreamliner and fit more passengers on the turd it left behind,that macho stuff probably hurt them though.The market for large aircraft has weakened. 777 is selling but the A350 will make up for the lack of size in the A320. I hope the both kick ass,it benefits me.

HopsNBarley said:
Your seat cushion may be used as a flotation device in case of a water "landing".

cushion tho. i mean the back part of the seat... you know the part thats rammed into your patella every time someone leans back.

lol im not pretending or going to pretend that i know squat about airplane seats.  just curious as to why this is never done? perhaps to cushion your head during crashes? idk.

4" doesnt sound like much, but when you have like 40+ isles... it  adds up fast.

I make Boeing wire side-by-side (literally, my coworker next to me) with airbus wire. So this is funny to me, as either of our products could cause an accident, VERY easily.

You would never fly again if you saw some of the people I work with and what they put out before testing.

Back