Howdy

Howdy y'all

Nice to find some other hot food lovers out there. :)

I've always liked hot (as in spicy) food. I love Thai peppers, use jalapenos in a lot of different things, and have mistaken scotch bonnets for some average red peppers once. One scotch bonnet + a dozen of variable thai and other peppers in a veggie stir fry for two was pretty flavorful.
I've since that mistake (that didn't go to waste either) learned to dose it properly, and tried a bunch of other peppers, hot sauces, and growing my own peppers.

I hate when people warn that something is spicy when it's mild.
And I hate it when I order my (Mexican, Thai, Sheczuan etc) food spicy, and it comes mild.

I've grown some scotch bonnets and jalapenos, and this year I've got a bunch of thai peppers growing.
A few years ago I had some scotch bonnets growing in my kitchen, and when I traveled away for a week, an annoying housemate decided to use some. He thought it was a normal bell pepper that was for some reason tiny and wrinkled, so you can guess how he used that on a sandwich. And then once he figured it was hot, he kept chewing...

I've got the rest of previous housemates hooked on hot food and hot sauces. I'm always tempted to try new hot sauces, but I've got an odd limitation. My body can't stomach onion, so even 1 % of it in a hot sauce makes me sick. But there isn't a hotness level that would have the same effect. So, hot peppers for me, but I skip everything including the hot sauces with any onion in them. For some reason I like the general, mild sauces like Louisiana/Crystal hot sauce, which I seem to use like most people use ketchup. I don't like most smoky or jerky sauces, or those that need to be measured in drops.

I guess that should do as some kind of introduction. I'll have a look for some gardening and food tips.

:welcome: Gosh that must be tough, onion is in every hot sauce I own. Well this is the best place to find great sauces that don't.

Back