• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

hp22b!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you first sell the seeds and then try to get a PVP, you spend a lot of money and must engage a campus of lawyers to defeat your rights.

World wide protection will cost thousands of dollars per year and would ruin a relatively small seed sale company.

Although Red Savina is still under PVP status the seeds are freely sold world wide and I didn´t hear of any case where Frank claimed his rights.

Peter

Multiple pods may raise or lower the average across the oz, but one way or the other the amount of capsaicin in that oz is finite and measurable.

Anyone can cheat at anything, at any time, and probably get away with it. But frankly, this thread has descended into nastiness. Where is the "huh - thats cool, good job Ed" at? Everyone is quick to assume he's out trying to screw the world through theft, or manipulation...

That is what we do not know - and since they will not release any background on the testing or the results all we have is the limited info they did provide so there is no way of knowing - If for example you are testing 1 oz. out of a 2 oz. sample you have less of a chance of distorting your results than if you are testing 1 oz. out of 128 oz. of material and without guidelines and testing you have no way of knowing at which size sample do the results become unreliable or distorted. ( ie. if you run 128 tests on 128 oz. of material are the results consistent throughout the 128 tests or is there major variances) Perhaps if we had some of the info released we could read through it and decide if indeed it is "cool" or a "good Job" and give the proper credit but without it we can only speculate and wonder why they decided to test in this method instead of the method every other grower and testing facility has been using.

It sounds like the hp22b has the hottest strain on average, but no one has been testing this way before. They have been just going for the hottest individual measurement.
Exactly --- if you come up with a new method of testing that no one has ever used - then there is no one that can dispute you have the highest ever recorded result. ( since it is the only recorded result) -- If you really want this new method to be adopted then why not run the same tests on the other contenders by growing them in a similar lab condition alongside your pepper and run the same tests on them -- Or release your method of testing so that others can duplicate the testing on other peppers to compare their results.

Well Heck !
1st- is new , and it hasnt been sold over a year (lol) !
2nd- distinct (heat) not to sure on shape or color.
3rd- its claimed to be stable , from what I understand .

And shot I reckon theres alot of fine print to get it approved !

so what do you think Potawie , how would that affect the Red Savina ?

Prob nothing would change I reckon .

I'm just hoping some kind of evidence or record or something significant happens before this thread goes to 50 pages...I'm starting to develop an addiction to this thread and I think I may need an intervention soon... :tear: :stop: :crazy: :mouthonfire:

Also, I genuinely believe it to be the hottest pod I have tried. I must have missed the memo where my opinion didn't matter to my viewers. It is like me posting "Why do you intentionally seek conflict with all your posts?"

Also, I genuinely believe it to be the hottest pod I have tried. I must have missed the memo where my opinion didn't matter to my viewers. It is like me posting "Why do you intentionally seek conflict with all your posts?"

Then the title should read "In My Opinion, The world's hottest pepper"

your welcome

What paperwork?
Ed is working on getting new numbers. I have no reason to believe he is lying about the 1.474 million number he is claiming currently. That would make it the hottest pepper in the world as far as average heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back