• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Huge Grasshoppers

I have these huge like three to four inch long grasshoppers that have eaten two of my plants completely in half at the stem and i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to take care of this problem neem oil just wont do anything to them they just laugh at me and squishing them just gives me a workout i have already squished around eighty of them and i havent noticed even the smallest decline in there population any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dont know about any treatments. Ill check around for ya though. There are some netted type bags that you can put over the plants though that will keep any unwanted critters out. They are breathable, light as a feather so they wont weigh down the plant, and allow sunlight to penetrate to the foliage. Ill see if maybe the aza max works for them like it does with the aphids.

Dont know about any treatments. Ill check around for ya though. There are some netted type bags that you can put over the plants though that will keep any unwanted critters out. They are breathable, light as a feather so they wont weigh down the plant, and allow sunlight to penetrate to the foliage. Ill see if maybe the aza max works for them like it does with the aphids.
i have pretty much decided that i just need to buy an m16 and some grenades and put a lawn chair with a spotlight next to the garden.

Totally. Get a miniature motion activated magnifying glass and some HPS bulbs to power it!!! May death come swiftly to all who damage and devour our sweet chile children!!!

there is this stuff:

http://www.arbico-organics.com/product/semaspore-organic-grasshopper-control

Has a pretty short shelf life-Semaspore has an 8 week shelf life - 5 months if refrigerated.

about the stuff

http://extension.usu.edu/files/factsheets/grassho2.pdf

I have the same mutant grasshoppers here (biggest one I've caught was 3.5 inches long).....except they don't mess too much with my plants.....

...they eat big holes in my window screens!!! :eek:

got one too. he's 4" already and still growing, not camera shy too. :D

img1531v.jpg

Back