• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Hurricane Irma Help

sirex said:
Thank you so much OS! It's truly people like you who make the world go round!

As well as emergency services, retail clerks, linemen and any one who does even the smallest thing to help.

Many forget these people have their own lives they are putting on hold just so we can go on with ours.

Thank you so much!
Sirex please be safe and know you have a place if needed. And a hug or two as well.

The Hot Pepper said:
Everyone LIKE-bomb OS.... give the original post a few toggles lol!

s-l225.jpg

FIFY 

Your  :welcome:

Thank you OS for your generous offer, you are good people for sure. As it stands right now from the east coast of South Florida we are in much better shape according to the forecast than we were a day ago, not so good news for our west coast Floridians. We are still expecting hurricane force winds in the 90 - 100 mph range to arrive sometime tomorrow and slowly taper off throughout the day/night. We are all shuttered up and safe. Power loss is expected, as well as downed trees, lots of debris and possible tornadoes since we are on the dirty side of this beast. My thoughts are those in the direct path of the eye wall. My hope is everyone remains safe.

Sickmont said:
Thank you, OS, for the kind offer. We're still here, watching the storm. Depending on what track it actually takes, we might take you up on your offer. Unfortunately it's now a wait and see gimmick.
My home is your home . Please be safe and if you need to contact me THP and smoke have my phone number. Please call if you need anything. 

Crispee-FL said:
Thank you OS for your generous offer, you are good people for sure. As it stands right now from the east coast of South Florida we are in much better shape according to the forecast than we were a day ago, not so good news for our west coast Floridians. We are still expecting hurricane force winds in the 90 - 100 mph range to arrive sometime tomorrow and slowly taper off throughout the day/night. We are all shuttered up and safe. Power loss is expected, as well as downed trees, lots of debris and possible tornadoes since we are on the dirty side of this beast. My thoughts are those in the direct path of the eye wall. My hope is everyone remains safe.
OK Crispee just please keep your heads down and be safe just know if you need it we are all here for you. 

Good Morning Everyone i hope all are doing well. Heather and I are watching and waiting looks like our area is mostly clear so if you need a place ANYONE please contact the moderators and get our number we are here for you all should the need arise. Don't wait till it's to late. Please everyone be safe. Our hearts and thought are with you ALL. 

Awesome offer OS! I hope anyone that needs it can take you up on it.

Others of you who want to help, please consider a donation to Operation BBQ relief. This charity puts the money where people's mouths are and feeds folks and first responders in devastated areas. They served more meals in Houston during Hurricane Harvey  than the Red Cross and the Salvation Army, so you can be assured that your hard-earned money doesn't go to pay a bunch of administrative costs or the fat salary of a fund-raising CEO.

midwestchilehead said:
Awesome offer OS! I hope anyone that needs it can take you up on it.

Others of you who want to help, please consider a donation to Operation BBQ relief. This charity puts the money where people's mouths are and feeds folks and first responders in devastated areas. They served more meals in Houston during Hurricane Harvey  than the Red Cross and the Salvation Army, so you can be assured that your hard-earned money doesn't go to pay a bunch of administrative costs or the fat salary of a fund-raising CEO.
This is awesome midwestchilehead nothing beats good BBQ and for it to help those in need now were talking!!! Ok gang lets get some donations going nobody is left behind. Pepper People UNITE!!

Crispee-FL said:

This goes out to anyone who's gonna rough-it at home when irma comes to town. Wind and high water might be on your mind but even if you're past that you need to be prepared for extended power outages.
I've had to deal with that problem all too often.
use your freezer as long as you can. Pack it full of water bottles and any other containers that can hold water. You can even use 1 gallon freezer ziplocks with 1/2 gallon of water in each. Layer them flat in your freezer and stuff it full. A full freezer stays colder longer and when you need it, you have drinkable water.

It might take a few days before help comes and you need clean water, especially when the after-storm humidity hits. You'll be sweating out almost as quick as you can drink it in.

BE SAFE + BE SMART = SURVIVE

Hey guys, I just got off the phone with my grandma in the northern part Naples, FL.  So far things are ok for them, she said she barely even notices the wind, but I think that is because she is 85 and can barely hear anyway.  She is with 2 other neighbors and they are playing board games.  She seems unphased, I'd be crapping my pants. They still have power, but they expect the worst in 3-4 hours from now.  My other family members who were at the southern most part of Naples, FL evacuated north towards Immokalee with their dogs and I've heard from my aunt that they are hunkered down for now.  My friends in Miami just lost power as of 10-15 min ago, but their family is safe in their building and they were able to cook  a hot meal. I have friend in St. Pete is staying and will keep me posted on conditions there.  And I contacted BigB yesterday and he said he is safe.  I may be going down the FL after this to help my grandma with the aftermath, I'd be willing to help anyone else in need too if I am there.

Getting our second surge . Pretty sketchy around here. A bunch of people yesterday tried to start looting the local wally world. Everythig was closed this morning. Cattle are in a small pen, horse and donkey are roaming with full acsess to thier stalls and arena area if the choose to use it. Wife,Homer the wonder dog and I are hunkered in house. All vehicles are placed at diferent places on the property with suppies and tools to work after storm passes.  We have hay stacked along big glass sliding doors and big truck and livestock trailer are blocking our big front windows. I personally have all the booze,smoke,edibles and even shrooms if I decided to really want to freak myself out :shh:  :party:

I have our road bikes in the safest place in the house and our mountain bikes and kayak in a inclosed room in the barn. Ill be honest, besides Sonya getting blown away I couldnt handle my bikes getting destroyed :rofl: Power has already been out and within a few hours we are probably not going to have power for possibly days. 

God willing we will be helping the community rebuild come tuesday if need be.  Bless up and my T.H.P. family is awesome and dear to my heart.  

Back