• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

harvesting Hydro grow BUCKET harvest update (October)

Hi everyone,
I just harvested 4.5 lbs of Borg 9 and Chocolate Naga Brain from 3 plants.
I wanted to post this for those who were interested in the Hydro Growbox + masterblend technique.

These are in grow buckets, I will show how they are made sometime soon, but as far as I know it is unique from where ive seen elsewhere.

Plant age: The seed was put out on May 20 ~ Harvest on October 11.

I will cover the soil for all future grows, I left it uncovered as an experiment...  They got way too much rain water for a very long period of time when they were young.

Sorry for the random music ahead of time  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkCQpaUdFYE

Swampy_NZ said:
Great plants.Could you give us a real quick rundown of how the buckets work?

So basically, there isnt a large enough reservoir with two buckets directly stacked, so I have them offset to create a larger reservoir (this is the part I havent seen anyone do before).  The bottom floor of the top bucket has a solo cup for wicking and lots of smaller holes for air exchange.  The bottom bucket has a drain hole 1/2 inch below the bottom of the top bucket.  Then the plants are fed with masterblend hydro solution.

I made a Hydro tote this summer and the plant is doing real good. I wish I had started it earlier.I just water it with a 5 gallon bucket of  Masterblend pepper formula water, it can hold about 5-7 gallons, so I have only had to water it like 5 times in about 2 1/2 months. First pic is from July 29th the second one is from today Oct 20th. Thinking about doing a few of these next year.

11822409_10204984634190872_8993526918100065572_n.jpg

10345834_10205428781614280_6464769011284530745_n.jpg

Really looking forward to learning how you built your grow buckets.  I plan on having several of them in my garden this spring. :dance:

Back