• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Hydro spacing

I am redesigning my grow room and have only grown a few habs inside last year. I was wondering what kind of spacing is optimum? I run my tomatoes at 18" in row 3' between rows. I'm assuming that peppers need the same or less amount of space. It will be a recirculating dutch bucket set up. Thanks

Yeah, that's about right for peppers, also. You could probably push it, but it will also boil down to what kind of peppers you grow, and what tricks you use. Do you top and prune? Do you shoot for stretched growth? Are you going to harvest and cull, or keep a plant going?

I thought that the dutch buckets were sorta locked in by design? Or have you made a custom setup?

This is what I'm thinking. Not including walkway overhang, is 64 sq ft. That gives me 3.1 sq ft per plant + walkway space. I build my own setups. It's way cheaper than prefab ones. I'm not sure what varieties I'm going to grow. I have aquired a lot of different types of seed on the forums. I'll probably take a few cuttings and one or two of my favorites from this years ground grow will be dug up.

I exhaust thru my hoods. If I remember right it's in the 1500-2000cfm range. I run almost 6,000 watts of hid lights for that room. I have multiple circulation fans in the ceilings also. I run 25 tomatoes, 6 dutch cucumbers, and 8 10' nft troughs in there also.

Back