• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Hydroponic Bonsai(Bonchi)......from seed......

bonchi from seed attemp hydroponically!
this is my first try at bonchi and carolina reaper hydroponically!
white duck tape, draw device; & net pot!
pot traceddraw a quarter inch line on the inside and cut out the inner circle.
drop the net cup in
make two quarter inch holes, one in each side, with a knife or a drill. and punch air pump hoses into the container.
fill resevoir to an inch above the bottom of the net pot
now the "Reaper"!
wash soil or coco coir from soil and make a small hole for tap root in the net cup

Yellowfin2na said:
Will you keep it in that container permanetly?
 i plan on keeping it in this container until it goes in a bonsai container, depending on how fast it grows. if the roots get too big, then i will prune them.
Hybrid Mode 01 said:
     It's disheartening to see that leaf damage. But on the bright side, since you're using hydroponics, it should grow out of it pretty quick! I'm curious to see what shape your plant ends up being.
 i have ideas....they'll probably change as it grows....

Yea I was wondering because I have a chinense growing hydroponically in a coffee can exactly the way yours is. Its about three months old and the roots have completely filled the coffey can lol. Just giving you a heads up.

This is what mine looks like

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/52946-yellowfin2na-hydroponic-winter-grow-mystery-plants/

Nice job training. That should turn out looking cool. And I think Chinenses can keep on going life span wise.

I trimmed three leaves off of the side where the light is coming from(opposite that i've tied it down), to get more light to the bottom. i'd like to get a sucker to grow out from the bottom. Pictures; before and after...
before

after

now that i've changed plans, it will be a little while before i train it back the other direction.....this is fun cause you never know what your gonna do with a future bonchi....!

Trident chilli said:
Really looking good Joe starting to get bends in the trunk ... How tall are you looking to go
Thanks Trident! I hope to keep it 12'' to 16'', but, it might need to be taller to look right being a chinense....
Reaper roots starting to show.....

One of my Chocolate Scotch Bonnets wanted to join the party! 8).

I'll be training this one different!

this thread was abandoned because i was starting all my seeds at that time and had too many to take care of. 130 plants for me is too much! 20 plants next year, half will be my overwinters, half will be new strains that i've never grown! :surprised:

chocolatescotchbonnet said:
this thread was abandoned because i was starting all my seeds at that time and had too many to take care of. 130 plants for me is too much! 20 plants next year, half will be my overwinters, half will be new strains that i've never grown! :surprised:

i was gonna ask what ur humidity and ventilation is like because those crinkles look like cal def

what have u done with the plants?

Back