• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

hydroponic hydroponic fatalii

here is a few pis of my fatalii plat in my hydro system. its around 3 months old and has just started to produce some peppers. this is my first time growing a fatalii plant hydroponically, and is my 3rd hydroponic grow i have ever done.

101_4897.jpg

101_4895.jpg

101_4896.jpg

101_4893.jpg

thanks. i have grow mustard habs, golden habs, bhut jolokia ( didnt have to much luck with that) and scotch bonnets. i also have a scorpion plant in there as well as the fatalii.

yeah my system is a ebb and flow. its has a 40 gallon res with a 2' x 4' flood table

thanks, i like it alot but its the only method i have tried. i would be interested to try a DWC grow some time.

i flood the table for 15mins about 4 times a day and when it floods the bottom slab is full submersed and the cube on top is only submersed in about a ince of the solution and then after 15 mins the table drains

thanks pepper ridge. i would also like to try outside hydroponics with a DWC system but that would be on next years project list. here is the bulb i use

101_4900.jpg

Plants look great, Fatalii are a big plant but they love the hydro what ever system you use.
I've only used expanded clay balls for flood and drain. you will get better results in my opinion. Better air flow.
Also I would feed every second hour but for only 2 to 3 minutes.
just how I had it set up,I also believe in lots and lots of airstones etc in the res..Oxygen is the most important thing in Flood and drain. IMO

abf303 said:
i flood the table for 15mins about 4 times a day and when it floods the bottom slab is full submersed and the cube on top is only submersed in about a ince of the solution and then after 15 mins the table drains

I used to have an ebb and flow. How are they handling the watering? I only needed to water twice a day for 3 mins, I had six slabs with 3 plants each.

stillmanz said:
give coco a go canna is the way for out doors IMO

stillmanz said:
Plants look great, Fatalii are a big plant but they love the hydro what ever system you use.
I've only used expanded clay balls for flood and drain. you will get better results in my opinion. Better air flow.
Also I would feed every second hour but for only 2 to 3 minutes.
just how I had it set up,I also believe in lots and lots of airstones etc in the res..Oxygen is the most important thing in Flood and drain. IMO

I agree with Stillmanz, I've recently gone this way also, (clay ball and canna mix) but changed my table from a ebb and flow (flood and drain) to a drip system

thanks. i am planning to grow a few plants outside using a coco and soil mix. my first hydro grow i did i used some expanded clay but i dont think i had enough in the table so the plants got top heavy and would lean to the side. but i plan to use it agian sometime. i have a friend who uses coco and expanded clay and has gotten really good results with it and is the only way he grows. i do think that adding a few more air stones is a good idea and will have to purchase some more soon. the watering schedule seems to be working fine but i will have to try it with shorter flood times and see how it goes. as for nute i use botanicare hydrogaurd and pure blend pro grow/bloom ant about 1/2 strength right now, also i use liquid karma but have been out for about a month. i just started the transition phase from veg to flower last week, so next week they will be getting just the pure blend pro bloom.

JungleRain said:
I agree with Stillmanz, I've recently gone this way also, (clay ball and canna mix) but changed my table from a ebb and flow (flood and drain) to a drip system

So you're using a hydroton/coco mix with a drip system?

This is exactly what I plan on doing. I'm thinking of going about 60:40 expanded clay/coco coir. I just finished building a dutch bucket recirculating drip system and I've been debating between going with pure hydroton or a hydroton/coco mix and I'm leaning toward the latter.

I love coco coir btw.

Back