• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

I am an official DORK! Seed Binder lololol

This is supposed to be a fun thread to make fun of myself but at the same time maybe be somewhat serious lol.

Well all my life I've taken shortcuts, been cheap and lazy. All that ever did was cost me TIME, more money (in the long run) and more work (in the long run. After years of doing things half-assed and sloppy I have decided that everything I do will be done to the best of my abilities and If I can't afford it I will not do it!.

It's one thing if you are a very handy person and can build anything you want. I can not.

It's another thing if you have nice have nice handwriting or a house cleaner than Jack Nickolsons in "As good As it Gets". I do not...........

So after losing half my post and not remembering exactly what I typed I present to you.. THE SEED Binder! My sorry attempt at being organized :-p I'm working on it now and in time I will add Seed Source, Year Obtained, Germination rates, Heat level and such. Maybe this is an obvious solution that everyone uses and I should be ashamed for not knowing this. Or Maybe I made things more complicated than it has to be. Regardless My seeds are organized now and I'm very proud of myself {yes im joking(sort of)}.

seedbinder002.jpg

Oh way kewl! The notebook and the dorkiness. I am somewhat of an aficionado of dorks, nerds, geeks and other social misfits.

I keep my seeds in coupon organizers because I can tuck them in the crisper drawer of the fridge, but I like the information organization potential of your notebook. I keep good garden notes in fits and starts, in other words there are great gaps in the information I have.

And I have horrible handwriting. I can't even read it myself half the time. No little hearts over the 'i', you're lucky if you can recognize that it's an 'i' at all.

Pam said:
And I have horrible handwriting. I can't even read it myself half the time. No little hearts over the 'i', you're lucky if you can recognize that it's an 'i' at all.

You should see my Signature on credit card reciepts . Its just a little wavy line the whole way heh:shocked:

ohhhh dam that looks like my wifes coupon book!!! she doe it the exact same way....

Thinking about Holy Moly you must have a sh!t load of seeds if you need to organize them this way!!!!

Not yet, probably about 30 varieties, but I plan to have tons. My goal is to have everything I can get my hands on common and rare :).

I think that this is a great ides 56, my seeds reside in an old port tin. (was rather good port!)
What would we do without baggies.

Nice! What is that - a photo album sleeve?

I'm still using small baggies stored in larger baggies by group. And then all those baggies go into a big baggie.

Aren't they going to be hard to water in that binder, and what about sun light. Is there going to enough room to grow in those little spaces?

DickT said:
Aren't they going to be hard to water in that binder, and what about sun light. Is there going to enough room to grow in those little spaces?

Nice one Dick!

Back