• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

I am so MAD!!! Someone is getting an earful tomorrow!

Check it out;

I go to work today for a ten hour shift I come home tonight and pull up in my back driveway get out walk in the back door and noticed that all my Chile Tepins and Maters had a sheen to them like droplets of water. So I think nothing of it even though it has not rained today in Dallas , later I get settled in and step back out back and keep smelling this oily, fuelly, kind of smell...so the first think I think is my car is leaking gas or something so I grap a flashlight and a beer and look around my car but the smell is intense so I keep scratching my head and it is dark outside so I can not see that well so I go in ask my roomy what the hell is that smell and he said the neighbors did something to their fence. So I still do not put 2 + 2 together until I realized my plants are up under a wide eave and even during a rain storm would I ever get rain droplets on them so I look up and there are huge droplets of something all under the eave so then I look at my plants and droplets that are all over them have been there awhile and are not soaking up like water would, so I take my thumb and wipe a few leaves but whatever it is does not evaporate or soak up. Well I have finally figured it out whoever my neighbors hired to spray their fence sprayed my whole freakin driveway, my freakin plants and even up underneath the darn eave.
Anyway anyone have any ideas as to what I can do?..can I rinse the plants with something to get that off without any more damage?

What really burns me is those plants that I have kept alive for ten years just started kicking in getting good and dark green, loving the Sun, the change in the weather and you could see it... and now some Big-City Ignoramus gives them a boot backwards in the arse...

FX

AAAAGGGHHHH!!!~~

That is so F'ing unbelieveable. WTF...I'd be up to my kneck in blood pressure. Maybe you can try warm soapy water and see where that gets you. Hope you can get things resolved.

That is so F'ing unbelieveable. WTF...I'd be up to my kneck in blood pressure. Maybe you can try warm soapy water and see where that gets you. Hope you can get things resolved.

Doing it now, good idea my friend, before the Texas sun heats up tomorrow and fries them...THX

I will deal with these Neanderthals after I save my plants..

FX

I am so sorry !! Having had this happen to myself 2-3 times last summer :flamethrower: When you try to explain DO NOT SPRAY POISON !!! The neighbors first off think they were "Helpin' ya out", Then look at ya as if your chanelin' Swahili !!! Use their water hose and rinse everything the side of the house and the area. Think decontaminate a nuclear zone !! I lost a few plants and had black burns on the main branches. I boiled several B vitamins in a sauce pan then poured that in my 2 gal water jug. It seemed to help !!! Good Luck !!! :banghead:

Oh man, that sux like a leech! Some folk just don't exercise
their gray matter. Find out what they sprayed.
Good luck. bro.

That's horrible! I would spray them with water and flood the garden like smokemaster recommended. Good luck on your plants!

Best of luck! That really sucks! I hope you can save them, but If worse should come to worst, I suggest u find that troglodyte chop him up and use him to fertilize your replacements, Im sure between the couple of thousand of us we could come up w/ a plausible alibi :whistle:

Don't get angry with the neighbors until you get all of the facts. They may have hired a company to spray the fence. I imagine it's some kind of water repellant that folks spray on wood fences to protect them. I doubt if it's good for plants. Once you know how it all came to be give your neighbors the opportunity to make it good. Most folks want to get along with their neighbors and if they're decent people they'll do what they can to make things right. Good luck.

Man that sucks. Sorry to hear that. I'd def find out what it was and then see what needs to be done. Flush your soil. I don't know what else. Good luck with that!

I don't know about your state but most of the wood sealers etc. have been re formulated so they are almost useless for their purpose,at least here in ca..
A lot are now water soluble and not as toxic as the earlier products were.
A good flooding might solve any problems you might have.

The older sealers would have killed your plants on contact.I used to be a painter and I think since your plants looked ok other than being coated with whatever it is (termite treatment,sealer,stain or ?) you probably have a good chance that after a good flooding you'll be ok.

That really sucks! But, try try try to stay calm to talk to your neighbors. You're mor likely to get resolution if you keep your cool than if you go over screaming and shouting. If they hired someone, get the information about who and call them to report the damage from overspray. But, there really isn't much that can replace your plants. They might at least hire someone different next time, or just hire someone if they tried it on their own, or be a lot more careful next time.

Eff that...burn the fence down and spray whatever they have growing around the yard with roundup, then take up playing the drums late at night...if the wind blows their direction you can put out some buckets full of grain and water, cover them almost fully until it really starts to stink them remove the lid every time you get a good breeze going. Oh...and get chickens! Lots of chickens!

Hope your plants are ok!

Thanx Ya'll, everything is cool, did not yell at anyone as patrick stated " it ain't their fault" just the clock-punching dudes spraying the fence, plants will survive. Quote from Niel Young: This old world keeps spinning round, it's a wonder tall trees ain't laying down ;]..I chilled after a good nights sleep, thanks for your support..

Be well
FX

Thanx Ya'll, everything is cool, did not yell at anyone as patrick stated " it ain't their fault" just the clock-punching dudes spraying the fence, plants will survive. Quote from Niel Young: This old world keeps spinning round, it's a wonder tall trees ain't laying down ;]..I chilled after a good nights sleep, thanks for your support..

Be well
FX

Very respectable of you...I'd still at least take up the late night drums...just sayin!

Glad to hear things worked out. I would still follow some of Shane's advice and get some chickens. They'll keep the bugs down, provide great natural fertilizer, nothing beats fresh eggs, home grown fryers are the best, and they'll definitely tick the neighbors off. May have to get a few for myself.

Best always to plant in places far from the roads or other possible exposures to fumes and chemicals. Last summer I was over in Eastern Europe, and there was a bit of a mystery/scandal about why the the leaves on trees and plants along the side of a certain highway all turned a red-brown colour. Turned out the government had shipped a large quantity of nuclear waste along that route in a midnight convoy and never bothered to inform the public. If that happens from a few trucks passing by imagine what exhaust fumes from thousands of passing cars is doing to your plants.

Back