• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense I call it the...Carbon Bhut Scorpion

Have some Indian Carbons grwing next to my Jay's Bhut Scorpions and wouldn't you know, I have found a cross.... 

9910220813_603c39dfa0_c.jpg

It has the twisted looks and tail of the Jay's but the top portion of the Indian Carbon. I thought maybe it would be just a different phenotype, but after viewing the coloration from the other Indian Carbons growing and then the Jay's, there is no doubt in my mind that this is a cross. Hopefully I can stabilize it over the year or few years to see what can be done!

Cannot wait into it turns whatever color it turns...

The cross will only show up in the offspring, not the parent plants.

First a cross has to occur then you would need to grow out those seeds, this is where the crossed phenotypes may show up.

Well oh well! I've been trying to cross these two plants and this was one of the pods I had placed closer to a jays flower. So I will grow it out and them grow out those seeds as well, thanks guys!

The worst part of all this is, I have my bachelors in Biology... Fiance' and I have been talking about kids and this gave me a stupid moment.... wow...

PepperDaddler said:
How do you put lines through text?

When you are making/editing a post, on the second row where you have the font options, it is the 4th one from the left.  The   S is the strike through.

PepperDaddler said:
How do you put lines through text?
[ s ] remove spaces on both sides of the "s" after inserting text here [ /s ]
Vodu said:
The cross will only show up in the offspring, not the parent plants.

First a cross has to occur then you would need to grow out those seeds, this is where the crossed phenotypes may show up.
It can be maddening without hand pollination, since a bee's but gets covered in pollen from all over and there is a receptor for every soon to be seed in the pod. This one is right so all the rest should be the same from that pod....good chance but no guarantee when it comes to bees.

Back