• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

I Give Up(Thinking about it)

:lol: you lot crack me up, I know none of you would give up growing your chillis for an arse-whip. Chillis go on through-out the season, I'd only do it once.

I'd say keep at it if possible, But, as they say too "there's always next year".

Heck, I'm wondering why nothong as come up yet on my jiffy's. sowed them on 5/9/08 adn nothing yet on the 22nd. ARGH!

I only planted 2-3 of each, but how could they all not germinate??

HPFF, If you are not doing anything this weekend I would be more than happy to have you over to take a look at your plants and maybe we can figure something out. Anyway I have not even begun to harden mine off yet but they will be going out tomorrow after work for good. (I mean it this time). If you are interested PM me it doesn't have to be an all day thing but we could possibly suck down a couple of pops or something. (oh yea, you would have to bring your dog though!!!!!!)

Dale

HPFF..don;t give up. Growing chillies takes a lot of patienc. Post us your latest picture, may be we can give you some suggestion.
No buds..but lot of foliage..Does that mean too much love to the plant ...ummm too much Nitrogen?
Alleast your plant is established...now we have to turn on its genetic code to start flowering. Turn down on N and turn up K and P.

I was only able to plant my peppers last Sunday. Some have do not have buds yet even though I started them in February. Don't give up. Plant and see what happens.

Don't give up on your plants if they stubborn don't want to blossam by some Jack's Classic Blossom Booster(10-30-20) in powder take on your finger tips just little & spread around bottom of the plant then water so the powder disappear straight to the roots that would wake up the plant & start bloosom.

HPF don't give up not until they turn brown and has frost written all over them. I get some pics of the peppers I planted out and thought they were going to die and guess what they say" HEHEHE" I am still here and growing and turning a nice green. So go with your plan plant them and give them a chance to soak up the sunshine and watch. They will grow some may die but the end result is what you are looking for not whether you can grow them its whether or not you can eat them. :lol:

HPFF, maybe I can help too if need be. I anticipate having 20 or so extra pepper plants and 15 or so very rare beautiful tomato transplants I can't use. Some of my extras are more common varieties like Tobasco. I have a few others too that are more appealing.

Al C also expressed interest in stragglers. Hey, a tomato plant isn't a pepper, but these are rare Lithuanian heirloom varieties. Darn, I wish I had two more raised beds. My backyard looks like a jungle w/all the stuff now. It's insane. I don't miss an opportunity to pack every square inch where possible. :)

Between Dale and I, we'll get some stuff in your yard I promise!

Chris

Al, just convince the Youngs to give me a couple of their Naga plants and I'll donate all my extras. :) lol. I'm a sucker for trying to grow every strain of Naga possible from different sources. I always seem to find variations when seeds come from different individuals.

In fact, that's a big project I'm working on this season...more to follow as the garden progresses. That's if it ever heats up!

Chris

Wow Thanks for all the encouragement. I 1st off want to say
thanks to you all for I wouldnt even be this far along without
you all. 2nd after taking 24 hrs to think about everything I have painfully decided to KEEP ON GOING (future aggrevation :lol:)!! As Yoda once told Luke "I must learn patience".I even went to walmart today (for Gunner supplies)
but I ended up picking up some more soil (future thread about soil upcoming) and They had Cayenne plants with buds and flowers but I decided after reading the thread fav and not fav chile's 90% of the not favs were cayennes :lol:
Dale ty for the offer but I probably will be busy this weekend
Planting out hopefully 1 plant per day:)
Thanks all
Tom
opps forgot to mention another reason why I aint quittin is I dont want RainbowBerry to "whip my arse" lol

HotPeppersFlyFishing said:
opps forgot to mention another reason why I aint quittin is I dont want RainbowBerry to "whip my arse" lol

I'd vote that least likely reason for anything. :cool:

:shocked:
whip0000.gif

Back