I give you...THE JOLOKIA BEER!!!

There seems to be some whispering of a mutiny from my subjects...the ousting of my title of Naga Overlord WILL FAIL! I've been saving this for a special occasion and this seems like a good one. This beer was brewed with my friend Matt. We fermented Chipotles, Whippet Tail Cayennes, and Piquins in the primary fementer. Then when we bottled we took some Jolokias and placed them in some of the bottles. This has a 1/2 a Jolokia in there and it's been sitting extracting for about 6 or 7 months now. This is the final bottle left.

Tonight, it will be drunken. Do not question your overlord...he does not like it...

nagabeerbottle.jpg

I can neither confirm or deny any such allegations of mutiny or treasonist postings as per the Naga Overlord. I further reiterate that at no time did I plead the 5th as is my right garaunteed by the US constitution. At no time have I conspired either willingly or unwillingly with JayT or AJ for the elicit and abominal purpose of deposing our reigning THP Naga Overlord, Jonathan Passow aka mulletman, aka ImaGuitarGod, aka IGG, aka Iggy, aka Jesus/Hippy etc.etc. in a forum based coup de gras power grab. At no time have I transfered RUMINT (RumourIntelligence) or other THP high profile posts, threads or documents relating to this alleged overthrow to NSA (NoSuchAgency). I further testify that at no time on the THP have I ever been under the influence of alcohol, drugs, laundry detergent, or so fu#ked up I was wearing my underwear on my head in addition to NSFA (NoSuchFemaleAttire)while posting.

IGG you have my full confidence as the one, true Naga Overlord!

Maximo! Maximo! Maximo! Maximo!

Cheers, TB.

cheezydemon said:
You already had one going??

COOL!
This was one that we did together, he provided the recipe and equiptment, I provided the pepper knowledge and peppers and we brewed it.

texas blues said:
I can neither confirm or deny any such allegations of mutiny or treasonist postings as per the Naga Overlord. I further reiterate that at no time did I plead the 5th as is my right garaunteed by the US constitution. At no time have I conspired either willingly or unwillingly with JayT or AJ for the elicit and abominal purpose of deposing our reigning THP Naga Overlord, Jonathan Passow aka mulletman, aka ImaGuitarGod, aka IGG, aka Iggy, aka Jesus/Hippy etc.etc. in a forum based coup de gras power grab. At no time have I transfered RUMINT (RumourIntelligence) or other THP high profile posts, threads or documents relating to this alleged overthrow to NSA (NoSuchAgency). I further testify that at no time on the THP have I ever been under the influence of alcohol, drugs, laundry detergent, or so fu#ked up I was wearing my underwear on my head in addition to NSFA (NoSuchFemaleAttire)while posting.

IGG you have my full confidence as the one, true Naga Overlord!

Maximo! Maximo! Maximo! Maximo!

Cheers, TB.

;) Well played sir, you truely are a worthy advisary! Come, let us retire to the pub.

Well, here she is, poured into the pint glass that Jay would recognize....mmmm...it burns all the way down....I feel every part of my esphophogus....it's given me a warm fuzzy feeling in my insides.....one thing I always hate, the lip burn.

jolokiabeerpoured.jpg

And on a side note, a Jolokia pod that's been sitting in a beer for over 5 months...not a tasty as it would be fresh.

that looks delicious Iggy....

imaguitargod said:
Well, here she is, poured into the pint glass that Jay would recognize....mmmm...it burns all the way down....I feel every part of my esphophogus....it's given me a warm fuzzy feeling in my insides.....one thing I always hate, the lip burn.

jolokiabeerpoured.jpg

And on a side note, a Jolokia pod that's been sitting in a beer for over 5 months...not a tasty as it would be fresh.

From a fellow brewer that is one fine glass of heat,Cheers,Skol and it must of Been Hot..Passowws Evening Burn..Nice ;)

drunk-37.gif

Looks a bit flat in the glass to me.

Perhaps the Over carb was a bit of botulism from the pepper in the bottle?

Great idea though

cheers

Txclosetgrower said:
jolokia beer is balls-ass crazy
Matches the ballz ass crazy drinker that I am. :fireball:

tony05 said:
Looks a bit flat in the glass to me.

Perhaps the Over carb was a bit of botulism from the pepper in the bottle?

It sure was not flat, the head was gigantic. The over carbination was due to adding too much sugar at the bottling stage, the rasberry (or Zombie Berry beer as we called) beer that we bottle at the same time as this got even more sugar and was even more carbinated. Se santatized the peppers in boiling water for a while before we added them.

I was wondering if the capsaicin oils might cause the beer to be a little flat - obviously not! that's a nice coloured brew.

IGG - if this was the last bottle, how many did you consume before sharing this with us? I understand the need for confidentiality when undergoing R&D but dude, you didn't tell us about pepper beer - how could you not have blurted that out at some stage? :shocked: I know I couldn't have kept my mouth shut, nor could I have kept from guzzling it down for 6 or 7 months.

I'm presuming you have more underway!?!?!?

I apologise for the questions master

chilliman64 said:
IGG - if this was the last bottle, how many did you consume before sharing this with us? I understand the need for confidentiality when undergoing R&D but dude, you didn't tell us about pepper beer - how could you not have blurted that out at some stage? :shocked: I know I couldn't have kept my mouth shut, nor could I have kept from guzzling it down for 6 or 7 months.

We did about 8 bottles and two bombers of the Nagas and about 20 bottles of the regular. The regular was good, but the Naga really balanced the flavors....that is before I aged a few....now they are just painful with taste coming in as a second. I did mention it here and there from time to time. But I was holding out till a moment like this.

I may do another batch down the line......maybe.....

Just didnt seem to have any head on it at all..... thats why i thought it looked flat.

If you like i can help you out with a proven formula for calculating priming sugar. Its based on the final gravity of the beer. I had constant problems with over and under carbed beers and made a graph showing the amount of suagr used/liter of beer and the final gravity of the fermented wort.

I came up with a calculation and made a sliding scale of g/liter.

It works great for me and many others here in Australia that use it.

I bulk prime the cleared, racked beer and bottle it as aposed to single priming each bottle.

very acurate and much easier.

I can elaborate more on methods here or in PM if you want.

cheers

tony05 said:
Just didnt seem to have any head on it at all..... thats why i thought it looked flat.

If you like i can help you out with a proven formula for calculating priming sugar. Its based on the final gravity of the beer. I had constant problems with over and under carbed beers and made a graph showing the amount of suagr used/liter of beer and the final gravity of the fermented wort.

I bulk prime the cleared, racked beer and bottle it as aposed to single priming each bottle.

cheers

Shoot me a pm, I'm always up for new creative beer things!

chilliman64 said:
I was wondering if the capsaicin oils might cause the beer to be a little flat - obviously not! that's a nice coloured brew.

IGG - if this was the last bottle, how many did you consume before sharing this with us? I understand the need for confidentiality when undergoing R&D but dude, you didn't tell us about pepper beer - how could you not have blurted that out at some stage? ;) I know I couldn't have kept my mouth shut, nor could I have kept from guzzling it down for 6 or 7 months.

IGG was using the naga beer to root out the mole and expose the conspiracy and treasonist plot to overthrow him and therefore had to keep a Eyes Only/Top Secret security lid on it.

Cheers, TB.

tony05 said:

cheers

Hey man you should create a thread and elaborate on this, i bet it could help a lot of people. I'm going to start brewing in the near future and that would be a big help to me for sure.

Back