• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pests I got a pest

I seem to have a pest around my peppers in the back yard. Here are some pics of a Chocolate Hab plant. A big hole in the first 2 pics and the last just chewed off a much smaller pepper.

P1000508.jpg

P1000509.jpg

Here's another.
P1000513.jpg

P1000515.jpg

P1000516.jpg

I have a row of peppers back there and there is a big bush next to it that birds fly in and out of all day. To go and feed off my neighbors bird feeder's. He has squirrels under his bird feeder cause the birds are messy. He told me his wife said that the squirrels are messing with her flowers. I had to move a Devil's Tongue plant out of the there that I already had in a pot. It had some bird crap on it, the leaves were tattered pretty bad and many buds were just snipped off by some pest.

I have a nice Bhut, and Red Savina next to them also. Can anyone give me some good input or maybe a solution?

Looks like the birds are eating them. I have birds eat my peppers. Try putting some of that black netting over them.

Should I dig up a couple of plants and move them? I really don't want to have my Bhut get destroyed or the Red Savina for that matter. They're about 12" tall.

I'm with Charles...looks like birds to me or it could be rats...thats why they didn't eat the bigger pod....too hot....by the way....rats love anaheim and red jalapenos...

I'm with Charles...looks like birds to me or it could be rats...thats why they didn't eat the bigger pod....too hot....by the way....rats love anaheim and red jalapenos...

Rats like Hot wax and yellow bedder peppers as well! But that's ok...because they also eat strategically placed Decon pellets as well! :twisted: :whistle:

Back