• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

outdoors I got my 1st Pacific Eider!!!!!!! warning: hunting pics inside

I had to paddle my ass off to get this guy!!!! Another "poor mans safari"!

IMG00770.jpg

IMG00772.jpg

IMG00773.jpg

I paddled about 2-3 miles out to get it, but worth it! Now I have both eiders!!! Eventually he'll be on the wall next to this guy:
IMG00026.jpg

I was thinking the same great scenery in the 3rd picture. I want pictures of that thing on a dinner plate! :drooling:

Pacific Eider, a really big duck. I think it's the biggest?? Anyway, they are one of the hardest ducks to get. They are rarely, rarely, rarely ever harvested. Most people only get 1, so they get sent to the taxidermist ASAP. I might get more, but then I'll probably send them to the taxidermist too.

Novacastrian said:
What kinda gun you use?

12ga Benelli Super Black Eagle II. I was using Estate 3 1/2inch #2's with a full choke to try and reach way out there! Normally I use Estate or Winchester Xpert 3inch #2's with a Mod choke. In January I switch to #1's.

I might try and get after these eiders again, I might even buy a box of $$$$ Heavy Shot to try to extend my reach even more. It's like $40 for a box of 20 shells:shocked:

Beerswimmer said:
Pacific Eider, a really big duck. I think it's the biggest?? Anyway, they are one of the hardest ducks to get. They are rarely, rarely, rarely ever harvested. Most people only get 1, so they get sent to the taxidermist ASAP. I might get more, but then I'll probably send them to the taxidermist too.

now thats a real trophy ya have there, congrats again!

Back