• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

I HAVE A NEW LOVE!!

I suppose it's possible. It's true about dougla meaning a half-African half-Indian person. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dougla But maybe that refers to the color of the pods and not necessarily being a cross? We'll probably never really know its lineage unless someone wants to do some DNA studies on it I suppose. They don't really show much if any scorpion shape though and they're usually labeled as "7 Pod Douglah". Plus I was under the impression that the Brown 7 Pod was a relatively recent cross and probably not as old as the Douglah, but I may be wrong about that.

no the name actually does refur to it being a cross, my friend who owns a comercial farm also knows my trini friend and from what he and i got from the coversations about the Douglah it directlly refurs to it being a cross, i would say its sort of a pet name that was given to it by the Trinidadian who devoloped it,
i would be more inclined to beleave this because i cant think of any other reason due to the direct meaning of the name

thanks your friend Joe

i have half breed on my fore arms,if i was into peppers back in the day i would have gotten douglah,,doooohhhhh.. :banghead: :rofl:
lol

i stand corrected about the heat
its apparent that the sauce was too young when i used it and was quite weak
however i just revisited it and HOLY CRAP IS IT HOT NOW!!! I still like the flavor and its one of my new loves

i just put a small amount on a chick sand its wonderfully hot and tasty

YES I AM A BELIEVER!!! >> HAIL TO THE ALMIGHTY DOUGLAH!!! lol

THANKS YOUR FRIEND jOE

Back