• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

I have aquired some pure 16 crystals ... how shall I eat them??

Uncle Big said:
I just want to chime in here and say, the source of Shayne's crystal is legit.
It was sourced from a very reputable company in this industry earlier this year by me personally.
I acquired 4 vials, none of which were opened until November 10th in Shayne's presence.
The crystal's were certified as "Pure 16 million Capsaicin crystals" with the pharmagrade credentials.
That being said, the potency of the crystals Shayne ingested were obviously not up to snuff.
I have personally tried 16 million crystal in the past (in my drinking days) and it put me in the hospital with a blistered mouth and respiratory issues. That was obviously not the case here, so this is obviously an "inferior batch".
I tried another vial this morning myself, with much fear and trepidation, and unfortunately my results were the same. The crystals were less than 1 million Scoville units in my tongue's opinion.
I give Shayne credit for even attempting to try the product knowing what possible side effects could come from doing so with full potency.
I tried to disuade him several times, but being a die hard chilehead, he carried on with his mission.
The vials that I still have in my possession will be returned to the source (after a phone conversation this morning) for testing and replacement. This isn't the first case of this happening I was told, and certain batch number ranges have been suspect.
My apologies to Shayne, as a distributor of this company's product, I expected the quality and potency to be what I paid for.
Stay tuned...................
It's like a soap opera... :violin: :lol:

Omri said:
It's like a soap opera... :violin: :lol:

I don't know if it's a language barrier, or you're just a smart ass for no reason, but you're really starting to piss me off.

If you have something constructive to add, then by all means, please do, but if you're going sit there and take pot shots at the situation, piss off.

I do the "hot sauce thing" for a living and spend my time on the boards not as something to do in my parent's basement in between video games or a way to pass the time in my dead end 9-5 job like so many people in this world do.

Yeah, everyone has balls as big as church bells when they take pot shots at others online, never any chance of feeling the repercussions in person, I get that.

Now I remember why I stopped commenting on most of the blogs, I don't have time for moronic comments with no intrinsic value. I don't want to paint everyone with the same brush, but I've seen it happen here and other boards, and not necessarily hot sauce related ones as well.
People should get the same respect online as if there were sitting down in a pub and having a conversation with a new acquaintance.

A violin and a smiley face don't make up for the fact that you are commenting on something that has great value to me, pure crystals are worth hundreds of dollars for each vial. Soap Opera? Get a life.

And I seriously don't care if you were kidding.

Shayneyasinski is tagged as an instigator and feels the need to disable his account because he dares to voice a contrary opinion about popular sauces on THP, yet ignorant comments like yours are passed by without notice or even encouraged and compounded by others.
I've met Shayne, he's a great guy and a credit to the chilehead collective as he isn't afraid to try anything, plus he makes awesome pizza so he's alright by me. I'm glad he came back to THP.

OK, I'm done. Let the soap opera continue.

Uncle Big said:
I have personally tried 16 million crystal in the past (in my drinking days) and it put me in the hospital with a blistered mouth and respiratory issues...

Didn't you say something about coughing so hard that blood vessels burst in your eyeballs?

Not my idea of a good time.

I tried THE SOURCE on a toothpick which was like a hot spike being driven through my tongue. Quite a rush though. That was about as far as I want to go with extracts.

Shayne
I thought that was a big pizza oven in the background of the video.
I got a three decker one looks similiar in the back of my Cafe/ Takeaway.
I was going to turn it into pizza shop but too busy with the seafood... I only use it to make pies these days.
So have you got any chilli pizza of hot wings on the menu... I'm thinking about wings for the work crews I get for lunch trade. Except hot wings are pretty much unknown in OZ:rolleyes:
Hope you all get your full strenghtcrystals without a hassle.. still think you probably shouldn't eat them;)

Mick

chuk hell said:
Didn't you say something about coughing so hard that blood vessels burst in your eyeballs?

Not my idea of a good time.

I tried THE SOURCE on a toothpick which was like a hot spike being driven through my tongue. Quite a rush though. That was about as far as I want to go with extracts.

A combination of coughing and vomiting caused major short term vessel damage.
Again, I do not recommend anyone try it at home.

Uncle Big said:
...the potency of the crystals Shayne ingested were obviously not up to snuff...so this is obviously an "inferior batch"...

what a bummer!

Shayne - bravo for having the balls to have a go :clap: I know I wouldn't try something rated at 16mil. a ts of MegaDeath in a bowl of food or a 'two hab sandwich' satisfies me.

will there be a second attempt?

just eat it dude !!! ....take it ,put it in your mouth,chew and swallow LOL ....and please when you'll eat it put the video on youtube ,this way we will see what's happening...

A: your face will melt down:mouthonfire:
B: you'll explose:onfire:
C:choke and then puke LOL :shocked:

....just find it !? wierd how long this post came ..I mean you seem to know wath you talk about when you talk about caps ....if you want to taste it ....taste it...we could'nt change your mind

QuebecFire said:
just eat it dude !!! ....take it ,put it in your mouth,chew and swallow LOL ....and please when you'll eat it put the video on youtube ,this way we will see what's happening...

A: your face will melt down:mouthonfire:
B: you'll explose:onfire:
C:choke and then puke LOL :shocked:

....just find it !? wierd how long this post came ..I mean you seem to know wath you talk about when you talk about caps ....if you want to taste it ....taste it...we could'nt change your mind

I have tried it .
the stuff I got was a bad batch and not up to standards.
shayne

bentalphanerd said:
maybe you should try some cops pepper spray first, its around 5 million - should get you in the mood.

is that stuff just pure cap? or are there other chemicals in there as well? i'd figure the latter.

bentalphanerd said:
maybe you should try some cops pepper spray first, its around 5 million - should get you in the mood.

funny story about that ...
I was at a local bar one night having a few and on my way home I stop at the hot dog guy and buy a couple dogs .
I asked a cop that was sitting in his car if I could get a little spray to try and he declined.
3 weeks later my 16 ounce can of bear repellant came in the mail and off to the bar I went to get the hot dog guy to also try some spray on a dog.
well lets just say it is not to be eaten as it tastes like ass of roadkill and is no hotter than a sauce like tabasco or maybe a bit hotter .
keep in mind any hot sauce sprayed in your eyes will take you down.

Back