• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

I have to ask this, don't be mad

Sorry must state this,, When I grew up my dad farmed weired Animals for the pet trade ( Why I Farmed Tarantulas, Scopions, Lizards, Snakes well you get the pic ) He taught me tricks of the trade before all the books came out..

So here is what I like too ask.

Can you bag some flowers before it open's. Let them open in the bags, un bag polinate, rebag till pod. Would that get you high chance of the breed you want ??

For I would like to grow alot but if I'm trading I want a 99 % its what it should be. What tricks are there ? I try to be as careful as I can here becouse there no room, so Chilies are growing side by side no mater. I've found some good chilies here and some are hard to get, plus have seen lots that don't look rite to what there being called or don't taste the way they should. ( Thats what the family tells me here )

If you've planted them 10 feet from each other can't the bugs that polineat them cross them shure as day ?

Then who know whats whats ?

:onfire: Would love to know to avoid giving seeds to a Friend that are way to hot.. Thank you

Just bag the buds and leave em bagged until the pods form. No need to remove the bag to pollinate, although you might give the bag a shake while the flowers are open.

I don't get the post title or the intro....... :?:
Oh well.

The title is Becouse I was thinking back to all the troble I get in asking questions.
The intro is that Farmers sometimes use what are by some to be unethical ways to get the copulation the want.. I was tought to think outside the box. Is good to remember that some people think that crossing, cloneing, scent changing and so meny more tricks are unethical.

Since I'm usualy talking about Animals people can freak out. All I can think of is did you not know how that was done.

I hope that clears that up alittle.
Question to all: Have you every had people who think what your doing with Chili crazy ?

or something worse ?

Exotic Island said:
The title is Becouse I was thinking back to all the troble I get in asking questions.
The intro is that Farmers sometimes use what are by some to be unethical ways to get the copulation the want.. I was tought to think outside the box. Is good to remember that some people think that crossing, cloneing, scent changing and so meny more tricks are unethical.

Since I'm usualy talking about Animals people can freak out. All I can think of is did you not know how that was done.

I hope that clears that up alittle.
Question to all: Have you every had people who think what your doing with Chili crazy ?

or something worse ?

No worries on questions, I'm sure no one here minds answering. It helps promote good discussion.

As for thinking we're crazy, oh yes, definitely. Friends think I'm nuts, and I don't even grow as much or even as hot of peppers as some people here.

I sorta got it, but the intro seemed completely unrelated!

SORRY! lol.

No worries.

I have given up on isolation and bagging.

I buy new from trusted sites.

Back