• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

I need help .... I made soup not chili

i was thinking of masa flour also i think arrow root....i would not put it in the whole pot mabey try it out in a small bowl first.

all ive ever done is if its too watery boil it down..my wife made home made beens last that looked like soup I took the lid off and cranked the heat in the oven just a bit(same principle) and let it boil down...turned out not half bad for her first attempt....You just have to keep an eye on it and stir....my experiences anyways

Cornflour can make things taste powdery also turn the soup into lumps. Any starchy vegetable will help it solidify...even fresh corn kernels. They add a bit of color too.

I wanted to not add fillers like beans and corn mushrooms ect.
now i do like beans and all that other stuff but this pot was to try to make comp chili .
I do like the one thing about this chili for sure ... no gas!!
it also turned out to be a killer hot dog chili.

the other day i took a emersion (stick) blender and put the spurs to some regular chili and made it into a realy smooth hotdog chili

Kinda goes with what bentalphanerd said. ... You could have also thrown some peeled potato's in there and remove em before they break apart.

in any stove top cooking ive never added anything...too thin I just let the extra water evaporate by boiling it down...even oven cooking if its too thin..so adding things to get the same goal to me doesnt make any sence...You start ading things to thicken you alter the taste and texture....my 2 cents..

i was having a simular problem and i realized something today from reading this....mabey im putting in to much liquid?? you can always add a little insted of worry about it evaporating out

just a thought.

Bean recipe

We also compete in beans and have won 2nd and 3rd place at the world championship.. Our recipe takes two hours and we simmer the first 45 minutes, then a small boil the last half or until the liquad thickens. Never stir your beans, they will mush up and fall apart, just push them with a rubber spatula/spoon..
Hope this is helful information.
Best of luck!

shayneyasinski said:
I am making real no bean winning recipe chili and it tastes good ....great ..
but it is very watery...
more like soup.
I am just letting it simmer so it will thicken or what??

shayne

Back