• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

I NEED SOME ADVISE PLEASE ANSWER MY POLL

OK here is the delima. this weekend i placed 12 in CASI did not get a point so i am still one point shy of going to cook in Texas In November.
ok.....today I cooked in a ICS event and used a modified version of my original chili.......i placed 2nd and missed first place not by much.
ok here is the problem i got 2nd out of around 10 and the 12th was out of about 31 or low 30's
here is the poll question. i have 1 chance next week to get 1 point to go to Texas...its my last chance.
do I

poll will close thursday because i got to get what i need for chili im gonna cook.

bubbaschili said:
strange thing about that.....this recipe i have been using now for a long long time. it got as high as 3rd in the state championship and even got my one and only 1st place. for some reason though it just kinda went down hill...??

I assume you're talking about the chili that placed 12th out of 30, correct ? I dont understand the point system for judging chili or the difference between ICS CASI, but I still think it comes down to the judges if they like your chili or not & their taste could change anytime (or be different judges ?). & when it comes to ingredients for chili how many different ingredients do most cooks use anyways ? most chili's have basically the same ingredients only tweeked a tad, again it'll come down to the tastebuds of the judges - I bet one day they might say a certain chili is really good & the next time they might say its alright, so IMO its really the luck of the draw on which judges you get & their personal prefference is when it comes to tasting chili.
& by what you're saying that recipe 12th out of 30 is the only one that got you 1st place (so far) & 3rd in state, so whats wrong with it ? sounds like a winning recipe to get those & be scrutinized by many judges twice to place 12th out of 30.

its hard to explain but the lady and guy i had look at my recipe said some things were working against each other.
Bubba, maybe go back to basics and see what has worked for you over the years, sometimes less is more....good luck and as said before follow your heart

well all is said and done and the fat lady has sung. I hate to say that id did not get 1 point that i needed.
thanks for all of yalls help it was cool to talk to someone when i was freaking out.

bubbaschili said:
well all is said and done and the fat lady has sung. I hate to say that id did not get 1 point that i needed.
thanks for all of yalls help it was cool to talk to someone when i was freaking out.

Awww, clearly those judges need some guidance.

well i gotta be honest with yall i did not get the one point i needed to go to Texas.
instead i got

2 POINTS FOR
FINISHING 3RD!!!!!

I THOUGHT I WOULD MESS WITH YALL FOR HALF A DAY.
AND YES THE ANSWER TO THE MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION
I USED THE NEW RECIPE THAT I CAME IN 2ND IN ICS
SO I WILL STICK WITH THIS RECIPE FOR A WHILE.

Pam said:
Awww, clearly those judges need some guidance.

i got to be honest with ya pam there was one judge that just about messed it up for everyone that was trying to get to texas. she was all over the place with 1's 2's and really low ball scores.

Awesome! Hope you win the big one!

I've been using the same recipe for CASI and ICS in MD/VA/NJ/PA. Tend to do well consistently in CASI, and have been gaining ground in ICS events.

will be leaving next thurdsay for texas to cook in the international championship...would be so cool to come back the champ so i can celebrate with all my pepper and chili guys and gals.

hey a guy can dream

Good luck in Terlingua Bubba. I have been for the past two years but am not going this year. Lots of friends of mine will be there tho. I didn't cook, rather I was in the band that played the past two years.

Remember to take bunches of what ever you are going to need. If you are going to be pulling an trailer you can pull it dry until you get to Alpine and fill it up with water there.

AJ

bubbaschili said:
let me see how my camera battery holds up...when i get bak ill let ya know
:)

As long as you win and come back with pics(and i mean GOOD pics):shocked:, then thats all that matters.

Back