• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

I need some dinner ideas for tonight!

Alright, I have chicken breast and hickory smoked bacon. I am going to run to the store (literally, HT is over a hill behind my apartment) and get habaneros and serranos for tonight. What should I make? Nachos? Baked butterfly cut chicken breast stuffed with bacon, cheese and peppers? I need to formulate a plan and there are a lot of really good chef's on here likely to have some great ideas :) Pics after I have made whatever it is I will be making! annnnddd commence (thank you in advance)!

get some jalapenos, make poppers as a starter. Many great recipes on here.

I would make chicken kiev, you could add the serannos to the stuffed chicken.. easy and a real crowd pleaser.

Serve with your favourtie side dish, enjoy with a nice red wine or a lager

Cut the bacon into julienne shreds.

Throw in a cast iron skillet and render down.

Remove and save the cooked bacon and leave the hot grease.

Cut the chix breast into strips and dredge in flour and toss into the hot grease.

Add your fav chiles, garlic, and onions.

When about 1/2 way cooked and stirred add some heavy cream and bring to a simmer.

Reduce and stir as it thickens.

Serve over pasta, rice, crusty bread, or pour over a baked potato.

Throw the cooked bacon on top.

Eat the sheeit out of it.

par boil the chicken shred the chicken mix w/ bbq sauce and keep warm on low heat- fry bacon - saute hot peppers with onion. Add bbq sauced chicken pork and veg mix and roll up in a tor-tilla or Martins potato roll bbq shredded chicken with onion hot peppers and bacon - and throw a pickle on it for shiggles

ermergerd, both of those sound delicious.

My girl suggested I make a spinoff of flammkuchen- basically:

Dough
1 and 6/10ths or so cups flour
2 tablespoons of oil
5/8 cup of water
pinch or two of salt

you mix it, make it super thin, then bake it at 500 with your toppings on it. I usually throw it on a preheated stone and then bake.

You're supposed to put creme fraiche on but they don't carry it at the store and I don't have time to make it from scratch, so I use cream cheese and heay cream mixed together to make the base sauce. Traditional topping is bacon and red onions.

Topped with grilled chicken, bacon, diced red onions and habaneros? Undecided. Taking more suggestions! :)

Get a saucepan of wing sauce going on the stove with butter and sauce and keep it warm.

In plastic wrap, pound the breasts with a meat hammer, but not too thin. Just even them out so the larger portion flattens to the thinner.

Deep fry them after a dredge of rice flour and pepper powder, egg, crushed (organic) corn flakes.

When they are golden brown, with tongs, drop them in the sauce. Leave only a couple seconds. Now use the tongs to flip over and leave another two seconds.

Serve on a toasted brioche bun with crumbled blue cheese, crisp bacon, and bib (or any buttery) lettuce.

dang boss...that's foo foo.... ;)

It is? Pretty plain Buffalo sammie. Was it the bib lettuce?? That stuff is the bomb. I don't really like romaine.

for this old country boy that cooks "southern" it is... what got me was the rice flour, organic cornflakes, pounding them (you are supposed to be nice to food), and the bib lettuce I reckon...

I don't see organic as fancy or foo foo, you can buy whatever you want, I just don't like the crap in others. And corn flakes and fried chicken is very southern. At least try it! :)

Pounding the larger potion of the breast just evens it out for cooking and makes a nice even sammie for topping and eating.

I have had the corn flake way, but I just like plain ol flour to dredge in...and I'm way past the stage that organic would help me any... ;)

You can use AP flour as well, no problem there. :)

If you want to see how rice flour crisps up chicken without creating a bready layer, visit the I ♥ Wings topic, where pretty much everyone does it now... after my tip. :)

thanks boss...I will try it just to see if I like it...I am game...

I do like a good crunch on my wings...I usually parboil them, then flash fry them naked...that for sure makes them crisp without any breading...

I'll play:

slice chicken breasts diagonally into thin strips.  marinate chicken for at least an hour (up to 4) in 1/3 cup soy sauce, 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce, 2 tbsp olive or canola oil, juice and zest of two limes, 2 tbsp olive or canola oil, 1 tbsp fish sauce, 2 cloves garlic (minced) and the serranos (sliced thin).  

while the chicken marinades make a citrus dipping sauce with 1/3 cup honey, 1/3 cup teriyako sauce, 1/3 cup orange juice, juice of 1 lime, 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp fish sauce, 1 thinly sliced green onion and all the habaneros you think you might want.  taste and adjust as necessary with some salt or pepper.  throw in however much cilantro you like for taste and some sesame seeds for posh looks.   

remove chicken from marinade, drain on paper towels.  reserve marinade.   

cook chicken in a hot pan till just cooked through, remove from pan to a plate.  add the bacon (diced), half an onion (diced), some sliced carrot or chopped broccoli or pea pods or etc etc to the pan and cook over high heat for just a few minutes (like 4-5), stirring often.  when the vegetables are just getting tender add the reserved marinade (including however many serranos you like) directly to the pan while the hot vegetables are still in it.  stir well, add the chicken back to the pan and cook till reduced - about 3 more minutes.

serve over your favorite rice and part out the dipping sauce in little cups for each plate.  

should look a lil something like this, save I cut the chicken into chunks instead of strips and used murupi amarela peppers.   :)

2jage3b.jpg

At the store grab some big pablanos or anahiem peppers,some cream cheese, some green onions, and some beer.

Cut up the chicken, habeneros, serranos, and green onion. Cook in some olive oil (pepper infused if you have )

Let cool a bit and mix with cream cheese. Stuff large peppers and wrap with the beacon.

Bake untill beacon looks done.

Pop a beer

Dinners served

Back