• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

I need some dinner ideas for tonight!

Alright, I have chicken breast and hickory smoked bacon. I am going to run to the store (literally, HT is over a hill behind my apartment) and get habaneros and serranos for tonight. What should I make? Nachos? Baked butterfly cut chicken breast stuffed with bacon, cheese and peppers? I need to formulate a plan and there are a lot of really good chef's on here likely to have some great ideas :) Pics after I have made whatever it is I will be making! annnnddd commence (thank you in advance)!

Only comment I'll make is to build on the boss man's comment about Rice flour. I've been using it for a couple of years  now for frying just about anything that gets fried. Chicken, fish, shrimp, whatever. It crisps them up very nicely even if used alone, but better if mixed with Panko.

Texas Blues, your suggestion inspired us to do something extremely similar

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/0e/14/11/0e14111d2ad523beca7468540bd84a4a.jpg

Diced up:
Red onion
several habs
serranos
orange bell pepper

Cut the chix breast into bite sized chunks and tossed them in cajun seasoning.
added butter and oil to a deep calphalon pan (tablespoon each)
browned all the chicken chunks, removed em
added another tablespoon of butter and oil
simmered the chopped stuff until they were getting soft and browned, removed from heat
at the same temp, threw in a can of chicken broth and half a cup of sherry, got it nice and hot, then whisked in a cup of heavy cream, added diced serranos and mostly cooked diced bacon (the lady didn't want all that bacon grease lol). Seasoned with salt and pepper and a bit more cajun seasoning.

At the same time, I boiled fettucini.

Once everything was done, I threw the chopped stuff and the chicken into the pot of cream sauce and mixed it in, brought it back up to a boil, then added the fettucini and tossed it, turning off the heat. As it cooled, I threw some grated parmesan cheese into the mix and boom! done! Picked up some blue moon pumpkin ale. Would have bought Shipyard pumpkinhead and done a rimjob on it but I haven't seen it down here. I miss that about New England :/

If the link to the picture doesn't work, let me know!

Thanks for all the suggestions, everyone! This Sunday, I am definitely going to make the jerk chicken recipe. It sounds so incredible I just can't not make it.

THP, that is exactly how I do my buff sauce! I'm going to have to use rice flour; it seems there is consensus that it is the way to go, and I'm always looking to refine my cooking.

Some great things on here, definitely going to be referring back and looking at other posts in the food section when coming up with things to cook :D

Thank you again!

Ah! Sorry! I finally figured it out!

0e14111d2ad523beca7468540bd84a4a.jpg

something simple?   Skewers of fresh Rosemary.....  Some leaves removed and some rosemary leaves left on the end?  Maybe some crusty bread in between each chosen ingredient on the stick?  whatever you choose....
Happy days :)

Back