• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

I need to buy the ingredients for Amecian food

President Trump said:
If you like chili hot dogs then you should try Cincinnati style chili. 
That is called Skyline Chili ^^^
There is exactly zero hotdogs in Skyline Chili. It's served over spaghetti with cheddar cheese, kidney beans, diced white onions and oyster crackers. That's called 5-way.

Mac-n-cheese:
1.) Macaroni 16.0z? Prepare first.
2.) 3 Tablespoons All Purpose Flour
3.) 3Tbs Butter
Heat butter until melted over med-high heat, then add flour. stirring constantly until the flour is cooked and it turns light brown in color.
4.) 1-½ Cups whole Milk add slowly to the roux (flour and butter)
5.) 2-3 Cups Shredded Cheddar. add slowly to the roux, whisking constantly. (Add any other cheese you like, Parmesan, Gouda, American etc.)
6.) Once all the cheese is mixed and smooth, pour over pasta in a bowl and stir well.

Sometimes, from there you can top with bread or cracker crumbs and more cheese, then put it in the oven at 350º F for 1-20 minutes for a nice crust, or...

put it in the smoker with full smoke for 30 minutes at 225º F for 30 minutes, or...

just eat it out of the pot as soon as it's all mixed up.

~basic mac-n-cheese~

peace out~

Scoville DeVille said:
There is exactly zero hotdogs in Skyline Chili. It's served over spaghetti with cheddar cheese, kidney beans, diced white onions and oyster crackers. That's called 5-way.
Skyline is a chain like Burger King. Trump is right, the dish is Cincinnati Chili. And it's served on hot dogs because of it's small grind and no fillers, it's often called "hot dog chili" much like coney sauce, or coney chili is.

Cincinnati chili (or Cincinnati-style chili) is a Mediterranean-spiced meat sauce used as a topping for spaghetti (a "two-way") or hot dogs ("coneys"), both dishes developed by Macedonian immigrant restaurateurs in the 1920s. 

It's gonna be one of those nights isn't it :rofl:

And Coney sauce is from Detroit go figure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Haha.

Scoville DeVille said:

It's called Cincinnati chili. Skyline is a brand name and a local restaurant. Much like Dixie Chili and Gold Star Chili. Two more brands and restaurants that serve Cincinnati style chili. 
What you described is indeed a 5-way. Some even go as far as to make a 6-way which includes fresh garlic. You can make it a 4-way which subtracts either beans or onions according to your preference. Or you can just have a basic 3-way of chili, cheese and spaghetti. 
A "chili hot dog", or a coney as we call it, is a hot dog in a bun with Cincinnati chili poured on it with cheese and optional mustard and onion. 
So, yes, there are hot dogs in it.

Cincinnati Chiligate!

I'm going to disagree with whoever said not to bother picking up spices like basil, thyme,etc.  You can make so many dishes with these dried spices both American and many other cuisines, and you get so much bang for your buck with them that they are definitely worth the price.  Garlic too!  Hott Dude, the thing is, in America it is like a melting pot of cuisines from all over the world, so it is hard to directly answer your question, but I will try to add a little to the list others have given you.  Hamburgers are considered an American food, to eat them, as most Americans do, you need ketchup and mustard and maybe some onion.  I would also recommend you try making chicken wings, get a bottle of Franks hot sauce if you see it and add some butter to it.  Any Louisanna style cayenne pepper sauce will do though.  I'll check back if I think of another good one for you.

What's Cincinnati chili called if you make it in Hatch New Mexico?

grantmichaels said:
Scovie's right ...

Skyline's predominantly about service over thin pasta IMO ...

I live within three miles of all three of these restaurants. I've eaten at them hundreds of times. I am an expert on this subject. Skyline goes on hot dogs too. 

Attachments

• Cincinnati Chili.jpg
    Cincinnati Chili.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 50
Back