• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

I quit my job today

My boss changed my responsibilities with no extra pay after I said OK the first time as a favor. Today she tried to pass off a job to me that nobody wanted to do and tried to guilt me into working after I told her no. I turned in my two weeks notice 10 minutes later.

Totally broke and don't know what i'm going to do.

Never been happier :)

at first it is a shock but this is how new and better events happen in your life so you have a good story to tell - i bet you end up doing something even better! you just "stuck it to the man!"

4 years ago, my employer changed my compensation plan that actually took money out of my pocket, told my wife i was going to quit in the new year, by luck with the down turn in the economy, they flew into my city and packaged me off. so, i became a stay at home dad while my wife focused on her career; no more fighting on who had to pick up the kids after school, who had to stay at home when they got sick, who had to make breakfast, lunches and dinner, who had to help with homework........ the list just goes on. so, i study at home all day, many subjects, i workout and more importantly i raise my other babies....my peppers.

way to go......... stick it to the man!

I've been there for 3 years and they abuse my dependability... there are 30 other people that work there but i get stuck with the stuff nobody wants to do, way too often and have seniority over 90% of the people. I've been wanting to quit for at least 6 months because of the shenanigans they pull.
I didn't have dependable hours and it's been making my health and studies decline.
couldn't be happier.

I quit 2 days ago woot! got another job lined up prior to resigning though, which I start next monday so I've got a long weekend then back to it. :D

Goodluck with the job hunt

Many stories like this lateley...
"The economy is down so you should just be greatful to have this job, no do more!"

It's wrong and should not be tolerated. I really am happy to hear you stuck up for yourself, and at the same time,
I hope you didn't just jump from the pan into the fire.

Good luck!

i wanted to quit my old job for awhile and last June they laid me off which was funny as i bent over backward for them for 5 years and in that 5 years my job duties were tripled and my pay went up 1.34/hr in 5 years! it took me 3 months to the day to find my current job and i love it! its in a field that will always be around the company is the #1 in the world in its field! good luck on the search!

Ok, i know it sounds a little bit banal, but let me tell you this: GOOD for you! I don't know how old are you or how is your financial situation, but in the long run nobody has to do things that keep him unfulfilled and unsatisfied. As they say, life is too short for bullsh@ts. And you never realize that until you are too old and miserable to do anything about.

I am telling you this because been there, done that. Almost three years ago, at the age of 36, i woke up one morning and said to myself "Manolis, what the f@ck are you doing? Why are you doing this, a job that you don't care anymore, what are you gonna do with your life in general?" I tried to imagine myself stuck in a job that was filling me up with stress and leaving me with no quality time to live my life as i was dreaming when i was a teen. So about an hour later i was in the editor's office signing my resignation (used to work as a reporter for almost 15 years).

I am telling you, it's not easy. You 'll find yourself regreting a lot. But believe me, in the long run you 'll be grateful for this big change in your life.

Wish you the best, although i am sure that you will end up doing something even better, more creative and more happier.

I got made redundant about a month ago. I hate it. And my wife is going nuts!

Had some brewery offers, but they aren't gonna start until summer. Might have to do something other than brewing for a while I guess :(

I have one week left at mine.

I'm both sorry to hear & happy for you because it sounds like you were in a crappy place. Staying in a bad situation for any reason isn't worth it. You sound like you have a good spirit & humor about it so you'll find something else.

Won't even wish you luck - it'll work out. :cheers:

I like how you referred to yourself in the feminine tense...her.

Is that something you would like expand on with us?

Back