• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

I really love winter

its like -40 here or close supposed to be that way tomorow.Bbqing tonight it was fricking cold.Im thinking ill go out around midnight and start both cars for a few well because I dont believe in plugging in its a waste of hydro..I know if you have a good battery it will start but to me I start them up late they will be easier to start at 5 in the morning..the cars have sat since 4 so starting them and running them for 20 mins Well tomorow morning they will be fine.did I mention I hate winter??

my school has a lot of international students, i have a tutor student from st martin who was in this *massive* poufy red parka crying about the cold. it's only -25 here, the cold has barely started...

yea I HATE extreme cold too. of course some of you canucks have it colder than us, but tonight we're supposed to get -25F with tomorrows high of maybe -7F :party: :rolleyes:

GrumpyBear said:
my school has a lot of international students, i have a tutor student from st martin who was in this *massive* poufy red parka crying about the cold. it's only -25 here, the cold has barely started...
Holy sh1t... that's just wrong. I actually cry when it gets -5C. :shocked:

start of feb is ussually the coldest, i don't mind it at this point but it does get a little uncomfortable for a couple weeks then. its nothing like ottawa tho, CP give or take how many days out of the year do they recommend you not have exposed skin?

depends last year it wasnt as cold but holy crap the dump of snow was nuts
I remember like others a month of unlikened cold like -40 but that was a while back..This year I dunno Im more out in the country like others Ottawa will have it easy lol(smog and all)Its the ones in small towns and and especially by the st lawrence that feel it..Im shure POTAWIE is keeping himself warm right about how lol
Im typing this then going to bed for one reason my living room is cold hehehe

heck, I get cold at 68F

Its nearly -40c here with the wind-chill and its brutal. Its the time of year I'm so happy to have a woodstove as well as a furnace.

POTAWIE said:
Its nearly -40c here with the wind-chill and its brutal. Its the time of year I'm so happy to have a woodstove as well as a furnace.

Hey, -40C is also -40F!

Geez, how do you go outside and not have your eyeballs freeze?

Pam said:

wear a pair of these...

goggles.jpg

All I can say is it's COLD here too, actual temp -24, wind chill -45, schools all over the area are closed, pretty much rolled up the sidewalks everywhere. The house feels cold, poor furnace can't keep up with this extreme deep freeze. Only good thing is a warm up is coming in the next few days, actually supposed to get up to 30 degrees F. I am so ready for that.

Pam said:
Hey, -40C is also -40F!
Start by not putting your eyeball against any metal object:lol:, ater that, belaclavas are nice. We all look like friggin bank-robbers shoveling our driveways:)

AlabamaJack said:
heck, I get cold at 68F

68 degrees was Jimmy Carters magic # remember that AJ set your therm to 68 and wear a sweater. How could anybody complain about winter with all the global warming ( oh, I mean Climate Change) going on. It's cold here today, 19 degrees tomorrow.

AlabamaJack said:
heck, I get cold at 68F

I am wearing shorts and a t-shirt at 68! It's not too bad here, it's 13F (-10.5 C) so at least moisture is not instantly freezing on my eyelashes and the wind isn't blowing.

DickT said:
68 degrees was Jimmy Carters magic # remember that AJ set your therm to 68 and wear a sweater. How could anybody complain about winter with all the global warming ( oh, I mean Climate Change) going on. It's cold here today, 19 degrees tomorrow.

I remember those days.....he used to do some addresses on TV wearing a v-neck
sweater, right? I always thought he reminded me of Mr. Rogers when he did.

Now that I have a beard, whenever I go outside in a snow stome I come back looking like those guys in the Artic, snowballs hanging from my face. It feels funny when your snot freezes.

Carter was the the one that had the crazy beer drinking brother that tried to make as much money of the status of his brother as he could...ever try Billy Beer....I did...took a sip...kept it in my mouth for about a millisecond...spit it out, then poured out the other 5 cans in the 6-pack.....foul, foul, foul.....

Back