• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

I Review The Mako Akokosrade

I review the Mako Akokosrade, from Ghana (Africa).
This is an early season pod. Pod's that this plant grew in late summer/early Autumn were far more intense in flavour as well as heat - and late season pods (compared to the one in the video) i'd say it's similar to a Fatalli.
Hugely prolific plant giving tons of fruit all throughout the summer and into early winter.

Cheers!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9mvtFc5NhU[/youtube]

Jackson13 said:
Nice review and I agree that this was also my most prolific with tons of pods and one that I over wintered.

Well, you know what they say... You can't get what you want til you know what you want.

Nice review! I grew it year before last. I remember is was extremely productive. You're heat/flavor description closely matches what I had too. I liked it, and not sure why I haven't grown it again. 

Moruga_Scorpion said:
Great video, thank you! Are you going to post more reviews?
Yes. I have a few reviews from last year which I'm yet to edit and will have new ones this year.

Sadly I had some health issues in 2015 and was banned to eat spicy food whilst a lot of pods ripened. And heat tolerance went down, so some of the pods I grew never got tested. 2016 I plan to be right back on top of things.
Cheers!

Back