• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense I Review The MOA Scotch Bonnet

Nice review George although I would not have said that the MoA has ever tasted bitter ... But that's only my opinion ... thumbs up to Phil for growing your pods ... seeds saved you will be able to introduce the MoA to Japan

Trident chilli said:
Nice review George although I would not have said that the MoA has ever tasted bitter ... But that's only my opinion ... thumbs up to Phil for growing your pods ... seeds saved you will be able to introduce the MoA to Japan
sadly the bitterness was such a disappointment. they are great to cook with, though

Great review.

The ones I grew last year were very bitter too, and I did not get what all the hoopla was about until Judy at Pepperlover sent me some of the ones she grew. They looked identical to mine but tasted really really good. No bitterness at all, kind of watermelon and sweet carrots to me. I guess it's just where you grow them. 

I got mine in 2013 form a member here who got them dirrectly from the Jamacian MOA. I was not overly impressed with the flavour either. They were howerver really BIG. It is a really good all around pepper to cook with.

Back