• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification.

I saw two spider mite looking things - advice needed

So my plants have been doing great. I was even gone for a few days and they mostly took it like champs and kept growing.

Yesterday as I was obsesively staring at the plants like I always do I saw a tiny little red bug crawling on my plant. It was too small and too fast for me to know what it is. I freaked out of course and purchased some mite-x and hosed the plant down. Later on that night on a different plant nearby I saw another one. This caused me to hose all of the plants down on that shelf. The plants still look great, no weird dots or anything and I cannot find anything under any of the leaves.

My question is that: Is there anything else I should be doing? Were they even spider mites? They were too fast for me to take a picture.

Thank you

I've had a problem with Clover mites recently and baking soda has helped prevent new ones from getting to my plants. I just placed a barrier of it around my grow area. The powder coats them and kills them somehow.Since I started using it, I've not found any new mites on my plants, but have found hundreds that have died trying to make it across the baking soda.

tNmv6Awl.jpg

mHNSTHYl.jpg

This made me laugh. The lengths we go to.

Peter S said:
I've had a problem with Clover mites recently and baking soda has helped prevent new ones from getting to my plants. I just placed a barrier of it around my grow area. The powder coats them and kills them somehow.Since I started using it, I've not found any new mites on my plants, but have found hundreds that have died trying to make it across the baking soda.

OKGrowin said:
did you look under the leaves? they could be in the soil as well.
I checked under the leaves and could not see anything. I did not look too closely in the soil. I did not realize they could be there
Peter S said:

tNmv6Awl.jpg

mHNSTHYl.jpg
What a good idea. Obviously now I will be coating my basement floor with baking soda

Back