• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

I suck at growing cilantro

I can grow stuff, mostly peppers but other stuff too. But every time I try cilantro, I f*cking kill it. WTF? Anyone got any magical tips for growing this crap??

Cilantro likes cooler weather. If it's warm, try and keep it out of the warmer afternoon sun. Maybe try growing it in pots or plant it right now. Here it's a weed that comes up everywhere and is even growing under some leaves when our temps have been in the 30's.

When the warmer weather comes, it bolts easily.

catherinew said:
Cilantro likes cooler weather. If it's warm, try and keep it out of the warmer afternoon sun. Maybe try growing it in pots or plant it right now. Here it's a weed that comes up everywhere and is even growing under some leaves when our temps have been in the 30's.

When the warmer weather comes, it bolts easily.

Will definitely try that thanks

also, plant in shifts. if it bolts then your second one will be ready shortly after, and then your third, etc.  .

willard3 said:
Buy cilantro at the store.

smileyguy697 said:
That's what I'm talking about! Lol.. You can't find what we grow at the store.

lol if I grow cilantro for my wife it helps to keep my alive when she find a bunch of pepper crap laying around or that I have "enhanced" certain products in the fridge without her knowledge 

i agree with willard, buy the shit in the store. 3 bunches for $1.00 how can you do wrong with that.

now, refocus on arugula, that shit is expensive in stores, but cheap if grown by seed. and man, it is tastey. give arugula a try.

Back