• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

I think I jumped the gun!

I just brought home (fri) about 6lbs. of farm fresh jalapenos and was going to try the sourdough hooch but now realize I'm a week from being able to even think of starting to ferment.
I did my first (salted) ferment last year of leftover garden peppers and still have a tad sauce left. but thought I would try a green sauce for the heck of it. I do like a much hotter sauce but if the flavor and consistancy is right i'm good.
My plan this time was to try the sourdough hooch to get the sauce going but not sure I have the time now, I didn't realize it was a week long process before ever getting started.
I do Have very high Bp but under Drs, supervision so was trying to avoid the salt as much as possible.
Is there anything I can do to get the ball rolling now and add once hooch is ready.
I have included a pic of the gal. jar that mash will be going in.
Thanks for the help in advance.
dfxd.jpg

I forgot to add the jug will have a plastic cap which I can drill a small hole (down to a 1/32 if needed, but think 1/8th is fine) to allow Co2 pressure out and ""prevent"" inbound junk, Hopefully.

Well I started the hooch and am in the 6 day waiting period. I see it doing it's thing bubbling away slowly. I can't wait to get this green sauce going.
I have a jar of capcium stuff to adjust heat to taste once it's time.

Back