• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

I think I might have made myself allergic to chilis

Hey, thanks for asking. Well, I figured maybe the deodorant wasn't causing it but aggravating it. I stopped using it on Saturday and Sunday (and today) and used just Clotrimazole creme http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clotrimazole

Still a slight itch, but much less, and the redness is almost gone. It must have been fungal. Should have known. The creme has not had the same effect on the blotches on my hands. That must be some sort of eczema or something.

Not sure when to go back to the deodorant. The creme seems to make a barrier and there is no BO at all. I'm not sure how long to use it to make sure its all gone. I would hate for it to make a comeback. ;-)

The good news is that it is not the peppers. Whew!!!! I can also tell my mother-in-law "I told you so".

worlok said:
I can also tell my mother-in-law "I told you so".

That alone makes it so worth it.

Use it until the redness (not pink) is gone and one more day at least. It's actually pretty good for your skin, so you can use it forever, I guess. I'd recommend switching to a different deodorant for a while. Tom's makes a couple natural deodorants, which I've used and found acceptable, if you're wanting to avoid chemicalications.

Hey, get this. Today, unfortunately, I have some mild BO from not wearing deodorant. I sit by myself in a computer lab so it's not the end of the world. I started looking at the site that make my deodorant (Crystal), and found out that the rollon that I use uses CORN STARCH as a thickening agent. Maybe that's why once I had it, the irritation got worse. Perhaps it wasn't that the stuff was irritating it so much as FEEDING the fungi.

Maybe I will stop by the store on the way home and pick up the solid rock version of this.

My wife has one, but I am afraid that using hers might transfer the yeast to her, and that would make my life difficult....

it's going away. last night on the way home from work I stopped by the local supermarket and picked up a crystal stick - the actual mineral rock stick sans the cellulose/corn starchy stuff. Its just the rock salt stick. Worked fine, no burning at all. This should be gone soon. ...and to think I thought it was the peppers. My mother in law just shrugged it off. Something about that Belfast (northern ireland) "thing" that makes old women annoying. (she's from Northern Ireland) nothing phases her. She can annoy to no end, argue up and down, be a bloody pain in the arse, yet when you point out she was wrong, nothing. I get no satisfaction.

imaguitargod said:
Told you it was the deoderant :lol:

Well, it wasn't the deodorant itself. It was that I somehow got this annoying overgrowth of yeast (like underarm jock itch) and the corn cellulose in the deodorant made it grow a lot more. So yeah, that was partially it. At least this theory seems to be the one that is holding up. :lol:

I shower every day, and twice if I happen to work out or something. I guess that being clean isn't enough.

Sickmont said:
Next time, try bleaching your pits. That should do the trick:lol:

Yeah, nice beach boy blond pit hair and absolutely no bacteria or yeast of ANY kind. No skin either probably.... :lol:

A few thoughts here.

If you're going to give your wife some yeast, armpit yeast is probably the best.

Your body is covered by microbes. Licking a nice patch of garden dirt probably isn't much worse than licking the back of your freshly showered forearm.

Any number of things may have tipped the balance in favor of the pit yeast, but yeah, putting the same stuff on it probably didn't help. if you break out again, you should probably switch up your underarm arsenal first thing. (I sort of have to rotate through different varieties of pit antifunk or I get a rash, too.)

The next time your mother-in-law says anything about anything, just say as blandly as you can "You were wrong about the pepper allergy, I don't see why you'd be right about this" and then just go about your business. I think you'll find your satisfaction.

Lastly, glad you're doing better.

Thanks. She's not really as bad as most mother in laws probably are. She really helps with the kid and stuff. It's just when she thinks she is right about something, and I know from experience that she is probably wrong, it get annoying. ;-) As you can see by the title and first posts to this thread, she had be almost believing the unthinkable.

Peppers ar the Pits!

I'm pretty new to the hot pepper site.

I signed on thinking I would get lots of great tips on how to grow them, where to get them, and lots of tasty recipes on how to use them.

Imagine my surprise when I found myself reading a lengthy discussion on some random strangers armpit fungi.

ew.

not hot!

but, since I've read it I have to share some thoughts:

1) You have a history of fungal infections and didn't try treating that first? No kudos for you.

2) As a woman, yes - it happens to every woman at some point or another - yeast infections happen. #1 Tip - You might be taking TOO MANY SHOWERS. You said you take a shower twice a day sometimes... don't while this is going on. Dry yourself COMPLETELY, wear only cotton or natural fibers - or if its the weekend, stay inside and wear nothing at all. Skip the deoderant of ALL types for a while And try using good old fashioned plain talcum powder (not scented) to get rid the moisture. Moisture of ALL types contribute to it.

As an aside.... that wonderful yogurt fix that people love so much... actually CAUSES me to get yeast infections. I know, my body is strange. But, the truth is I have ultra mega sensitive skin and everything makes me itch and doctors have taken much money from me in an effort to figure out why. I eventually gave up contributing to their BMW funds and did what you do... sort it out for my damned self.

I had an itchy issue all over my body once with no rash involved. Went to 5 different docs. Had a Biopsy, A prick test, and everything else. One treated me for scabies - 3 times before another doc showed me in a book what it looks like and asked me why the hell I was putting insecticides on myself (It happens mainly between fingers and toes, and looks like insects tunneling under your skin), one put me on steroids which caused a major headache that made me feel like I was dying, one put me on anti depressants which made my stomach turn inside out for three months. I finally gave up and it eventually went away. Still occurs from time to time, but I figured if 5 docs didn't know what it was before then why bother giving away all the $$ again.

Anyway, your armpits look gross. I hope it gets better.

Now, where do I go to get information about hot peppers? The armpit candida forum? :shocked:

lidawn said:

I signed on thinking I would get lots of great tips on how to grow them, where to get them, and lots of tasty recipes on how to use them.

Imagine my surprise when I found myself reading a lengthy discussion on some random strangers armpit fungi.

ew.

not hot!

1) You have a history of fungal infections and didn't try treating that first? No kudos for you.

2) As a woman, yes - it happens to every woman at some point or another - yeast infections happen. #1 Tip - You might be taking TOO MANY SHOWERS. You said you take a shower twice a day sometimes... don't while this is going on. Dry yourself COMPLETELY, wear only cotton or natural fibers - or if its the weekend, stay inside and wear nothing at all. Skip the deoderant of ALL types for a while And try using good old fashioned plain talcum powder (not scented) to get rid the moisture. Moisture of ALL types contribute to it.

As an aside.... that wonderful yogurt fix that people love so much... actually CAUSES me to get yeast infections. I know, my body is strange. But, the truth is I have ultra mega sensitive skin and everything makes me itch and doctors have taken much money from me in an effort to figure out why. I eventually gave up contributing to their BMW funds and did what you do... sort it out for my damned self.

I had an itchy issue all over my body once with no rash involved. Went to 5 different docs. Had a Biopsy, A prick test, and everything else. One treated me for scabies - 3 times before another doc showed me in a book what it looks like and asked me why the hell I was putting insecticides on myself (It happens mainly between fingers and toes, and looks like insects tunneling under your skin), one put me on steroids which caused a major headache that made me feel like I was dying, one put me on anti depressants which made my stomach turn inside out for three months. I finally gave up and it eventually went away. Still occurs from time to time, but I figured if 5 docs didn't know what it was before then why bother giving away all the $$ again.

Now, where do I go to get information about hot peppers? The armpit candida forum? :shocked:

Best. Response (to this thread). Ever. :lol:

lidawn said:

ew.

not hot!

I'd suggest you look in the "growing hot peppers" section, or the "hot peppers" section. Also, the "New Posts" link at the top of your page might be of interest to you...

otherwise, have fun with this card (hope you don't mind if I borrow it IGG)

threadnecromancyns1nf0.jpg

FiveStar said:
I'd suggest you look in the "growing hot peppers" section, or the "hot peppers" section. Also, the "New Posts" link at the top of your page might be of interest to you...

otherwise, have fun with this card (hope you don't mind if I borrow it IGG)

Borrow away :lol:

FiveStar said:

Well you know... when the title of the thread was "Hot Talk" - really never expected to see pix of some sweaty hairy armpits and such.

not to worrry. i've found other threads.... there is one on a website called "physical anomolies and the human condition", great recipe for jumbalaya!

really it's my own fault.... like when someone walks up to you and says, "Holy Crap, this smells awful!" Then shoves it in your face, and you deeply inhale filling your entire soul with a foulness so bad that eyeballs pop out of your skull. And you whole heartedly agree that it does smell awful and proceed to shove it into someone elses face to ensure their agreeance.

Yeah... that is where I was.

worlok said:
it doesn't seem like yeast though - so smell, and small itchy hives

I can make a batch of kefir if it was that - I make my own kefir from real kefir grains.

Kick @ss ... we make our own kefir as well!

FiveSix said:
Could be literally a million things, the only thing you REALIZED that changed might be the peppers but something way more subtle could be the cause, if you're really worried about it, stick some fresh chile on a pin and prick yourself, if you get a reaction you know it's the peppers

This actually works. It's exactly what it done when being tested for allergy causing agents. I have had it done at two different times in my life.

Back