• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

I think I've killed my Naga Jolokia

This is my first attempt growing a hot pepper plant. A friend set me up with a few naga jolokia seedlings, we planted 3 in pots and 1 we set up hydroponic? in a jar with an air stone. I think we did this really close to the 1st of April. The plants in the pots are about 12" tall now and the hydroponic plant is a little over 4' tall and about 4' wide at the top. This plant was going like gangbusters until a few days ago, I changed the solution from grow to bloom hoping to get it to start flowering. What I got was half of the leaves fell off and they all have a brownish spotting on the underside of the leaves. I started flushing with straight water in case it was the chemicals that were causing the problem. I pulled the pot to look at the roots and I think I've out grown my container as they are very tightly packed so much that I'm afraid to pull them any further without a new container set up. There were a couple of suckers that started last week and were over a foot long and thriving. This morning they look like limp noodles. I am going to try and post some pictures and see if any of you have a suggestion as to where I went wrong.
Thanks for looking,
Thor
naga.jpg

SAM_0258.jpg

IMAG0259.jpg

IMAG0256.jpg

You need to run just good ole H20 for a week or two. Then get back on a good feeding regiment. RO water is best for dwc. Also, that is the smallest res I've ever seen...lol your roots will just rot in there eventually. Way too hard to control your ph and nute level in a res that small.

Sounds like what happened to mine a month ago. My issue was to much water in the res that created way to much moisture around the main stem causing stem rot. Check your stem for any discoloration around the bottom by the root ball. The stem rot was so bad through the stem it was a mushy brown mess when I broke it open, plant was not able to get anything it needed to survive at that point and dropped every single leaf within a day. The leaves started out having what looked like redish thinning spots that were translucent at times. Just an idea....

-J

Thanks Guys, I just found this morning that my air stone was plugged so I changed that out and at least it's getting some oxygen now. When I change to a new res should I just run straight H20?

looks to me like you got about 15% of the light needed for that area
try adding about seven more of those cfl things
or put the plant on the other side of the window?

probably would help if you put a fan blowing on it too

it is almost as if you are a new grower?

"This is my first attempt growing a hot pepper plant"

oh, i see

good growing :dance:

Back