• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

I think my chilis are stalling....

alright, so i guess they are alright? if you check my thread you can see the firs few pictures compared to them now.

I would expect them to be bigger than that by now.

I would think so, but I don't know your growing conditions. Soil, light, temps, watering regimen, ferts...

AS long as they are green, though, they will grow. It's still January!

Mike

haah yeah, the box staying anywhere from 80-88 during the say and no lower than 60 at night.

I water them when they look dry. I bottom water them. I have not fert them yet as they are super young still and I dont wanna burn them. I have a decent amount of lights, 15 total lights, 12 CFLs and 3 18" tube flouros. I'm also using the MG cactus mix for now.

of the soil? I'm not sure but the box which is 2x2x2 and the internal is fro 80-88 during the day and no lower than 60 at night but thats the absolute lowest.

Alright, I guess they re just slower. they re bhuts, jamaican hot chocolates, habs, peter peppers, 7 pot and I think thats it...

MrOneEyedBoh said:
I started the biggest ones on 1/1/09. and Its now 1/24/09 just about 3 weeks. Shouldnt these be bigger than that?

I planted mine on January 4th and none have even a 2nd set of leaves so you're ahead of me. I only have one F40 Aquarium 40 watt bulb on mine though. I think tomorrow I'm going to move them to a cooler room, but one with much more natural light. Basically the corner of my basement where I'm overwintering last years plants. We'll see what happens - it's not too late to start all over if it ends up being seriously wrong. I grew seedlings in a bathroom over my garage last year and that was seriously cold, but had a ton of light (skylight and a big window) and they weren't doing any worse than this. Eventually I'll find something that works consistently. Then I'll move.:)

haha yeah. I was going to grow other peppers but I like heat so what the hell. I'll have these and tomatoes going this year
but the tomatoes will be in ground and store bought. Peppers will be in 5 gal buckets.

Back