• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

water I think this is over watering

First grow,and think it's too wet. This is in a pot that only had a few 1/2 inch drain holes(forgot),which I just drilled more about 6 more. It's a bhut jolokia or butch T in ocean forest soil with 30% perlite. No nutes added.

Could it be anything else?

IMAG0135_zps49d27503-1_zps7c1e850e.jpg

IMAG0136_zpseac3b6f1.jpg

Here is my set up for now. All ghost n butch t with a few T maters on lower left.

Gotcha. Figured... being Indiana...

Just out of curiosity, what's the room temp? I like the set up. May have to set myself up something like that for next year so I can start much earlier. This break time with no peppers is going to mess me up when it comes to being able to make sauce year round. I'm already out of peppers from last year's grow... gotta wait until late summer for more now.

About 75-80 degree with the fan blowing. That is one of those walk in greenhouses that you can buy at biglots for $69(bought for $45 on special). I made it taller and didn't put the top or plastic around it. I didn't plan on growing at all until I recieved a couple pounds of these peppers. Ate all of them in a month. Now I'm an addict. My name is Poop and I'm a addicted to hot peppers!

dude i would also look into iron deficiency. most of the time i have seen yellow splotchiness on young leaves especially around leaf edges its been a lack of iron. definitely dont jump the gun, i agree with phil but that would be my first guess. also, check your ph balance to make sure your in the right zone for the plant to sap up those nutrients

I was trying to get away with it. My rain water tested at 6.5 due to cheap dropper kit. So ill use that for water. The dwc are doing good for now at 700 ppm(lil too high) of botanicare pure blend pro grow.

pinch the flower buds off so they can put their energy into growing. My cajun belle that I bought from the local nursery had three or four little buds on it... it was 4 inches tall....

IMAG0145_zps1bafe75c.jpg
It wasn't over watered,but seemed to need nutrients I think.

I gave her Botanicare Pure Blend Pro Grow and she liked it. Her name is Tiny Tina.

I bought a brick of Pro Mix BX and will mix one bag of Fox Farm ocean forest with some extra perlite. Should I stop feeding my plants with Botanicare before I plant these into bigger pots? Reason being that it would kill of the fungi in the pro mix and ocean forest. I do plan on making these ladies some nasty tea to drink and keep the Botanicare grow/bloom for hydro only.

Ocean Floor is great, but it is not like the time released fert fed soils out there. It lasts maybe 2 months, then you better start feeding or potting up. I would pot up and start a feeding regime too.That is the size that the plant will use more nutes and grow rapididly.

You were right. They needed to be potted up. I will never use those kind of containers again or drill holes from the bottom into the pot because the roots wrapped around the corners and were I drilled the holes through the bottom. When I pulled these out I rippid the very bottom roots out on every crap cheapo POS stupid dumb pot(you can these at The Dollar General!). Nothing major,but it's lesson learned.

I didn't expect these to grow this fast.

IMAG0159_zps537642ad.jpg

Here is an update and a question. Should have done a glog,but does this scorpion look right? It's looking healthy and shows no signs of needing anything from the color of the leaves. The leaves really pucker upwards towards the light and curl though. It's still growing fine and wanting to flower. I'm going to check the Ph.

Back