• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce I tried this Mad Dog Brand sauce

They make a few different ones. This one had a black warning message on the top of the label. I was at a freesco bar at Kent State and they had like 100 different sauces. I searched and grab the mad dog and did not initially look what was in it. I put like 1/8 teaspoon on the top of my burrito and took a bite. Within 2 seconds I said to my friends that this is the most disgusting foulest tasting thing I ever tried. They then grab the bottle and use one drop each. About 10 seconds later KABOOM! The heat was super intense. The owner looked at us and ran back in the kitchen and brought out chips and sour cream for us. I looked at the bottle and it was an extract.

About 5 minutes later I became nautious for a few minutes and then it went away, but the heat lingered for 15 minutes.

My opinion: Heat level - the most intense I have ever tried. Taste: Disgusting!

from what i have tried, extract sauces don't taste good. they have a horrible chemical type taste and aftertaste and are just not worth eating. i'd rather just use something that isn't very hot but at least has a decent flavor like tabasco or cholula, etc. that's why i love making my own hot sauce. the taste of homemade pepper juice compared to store bought hot sauce is night and day. i say, screw extracts!

I'm also not partial to extract sauces. I find the heat hits me like a fist & kills my tastebuds too fast to enjoy the food I put it on. I've not tried this one but I'll take your word for it.

this is the most disgusting foulest tasting thing I ever tried. They then grab the bottle and use one drop each. About 10 seconds later KABOOM! The heat was super intense. The owner looked at us and ran back in the kitchen and brought out chips and sour cream for us. I looked at the bottle and it was an extract.

About 5 minutes later I became nautious for a few minutes and then it went away, but the heat lingered for 15 minutes.

My opinion: Heat level - the most intense I have ever tried. Taste: Disgusting!
from what i have tried, extract sauces don't taste good. they have a horrible chemical type taste and aftertaste and are just not worth eating. i'd rather just use something that isn't very hot but at least has a decent flavor like tabasco or cholula, etc. that's why i love making my own hot sauce. the taste of homemade pepper juice compared to store bought hot sauce is night and day. i say, screw extracts!

Welcome to the world of extracts.

FINALLY! a good use for EXTRACT! Thanks, Prehensile!
Yes, I had a bottle of Mad Dog I used it in my mix for killing white flies and aphids.

Daves is horrible, maddog is worse and I agree as a purest. When i tell the waiter/waitress make it as hot as you can, triple indian hot or triple thai, I mean it. The 2 times in my life I could not eat it were with extract sauces added. Once I told this place when I ordered jambalaya: make it hotter than you ever have and when it came I took one bite and that was it, but I asked the waitress: You added daves insanity didn't you and she said 1/4 of a bottle: Now come on!

*shudders *
I bought a bottle of dave's insanity sauce in the UK. I used it twice and threw it away. Revolting! Annoying because it wasn't that cheap, I went back to the cheap £1 louisiana habanero (1/9th of the price I paid for insanity and 20 times tastier) that I like to drench pizza it.

*shudders *
I bought a bottle of dave's insanity sauce in the UK. I used it twice and threw it away. Revolting! Annoying because it wasn't that cheap, I went back to the cheap £1 louisiana habanero (1/9th of the price I paid for insanity and 20 times tastier) that I like to drench pizza it.

The habanero sauces are great with serious flavor. Try melindas xxxx hot sauce, you will probably enjoy it.

I prefer non-extract hot sauces, but not all extract sauces are horrible tasting. some are decent tasting right on your food, though some are mixed/cut into other sauces to be used with food.
I'd like to add theres a small amount of extract sauces that are decent tasting.

A#1 REASON I DONT BUY THEM OR MAKE THEM THEY SUCK!!
have a friend who is a commercial sauce maker tell me he makes extract sauces only because people want them, he further said that he surly would not make them if people didnt because there terrible
i had a few and i hate them!!

thanks your friend Joe

MedRoast, that really bites about the 1/4 bottle just to get it hot.

ajijoe,whenI first started making bottled sauces, Red Savinas were the hottest chiles and PureCap extract (and Daves/MadDog type extract sauces) were the only things available for heat.

THANKFULLY!!!!! we now have a plethora of chiles hotter than Red Sav Habs. and there are other things than extract to make a sauce hot.

I had a bottle of Maddog sauce in my fridge for quite a while. I only used it a couple of times, and then I gave it to a guy that thought his son might like it. Personally, I like hot sauces with natural flavors... Lucky Dog comes to mind, as does Melinda's. I have vowed to never buy another extract sauce. They sit in my fridge until they go bad... In my opinion, they are novelty items. I want to taste my food... not just the burn.

Back