• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

I want to make a Naga Wing Sauce

Anyone make or try a really good Naga or Bhut Wing Sauce? I want to try to make one for my (and some friends) consumption. I seem to remember someone on here working on one. I am not a manufacturer nor do I want to be. I just LOVE hot wings and want to try and or make a naga wing sauce. I have been adding fatalii to my wings for a while and I love that, but I want to try bhuts. Any ideas besides just dumping some bhut sauce in with my wing sauce of choice? A recipe is really what I am looking for since I don't have a lot of nagas or bhuts to experiment with myself right now. Thanks.

Do you have a Louisiana style naga sauce? (vinegar, peppers, salt). If not you should whip one up fresh, then, for wing sauce, simmer it with some butter, and coat the wings.

Probably the closest I have to that would be the sauce PF just gave me, but I didn't want to waste that on an experiement. I want to make on from fresh/frozen pods.

I'd do it as a two step process. Naga sauce; just simmer down some vinegar, peppers, salt. When ready, add butter and simmer again until you have an rich sauce, coat wings.

I'll give it a try this weekend. Maybe I will come up with a masterpiece, sell it to the highest bidder and become rich! I'll give you a cut THP for the idea. One half of one percent ok?:lol:

I just recently made a mandarin orange base wing sauce with naga. Looks a little like this:
4 cans of mandarin oranges
1/4 cup vinegar
salt to taste
1 TBS sugar
1/4 cup powdered naga.(I prefer the powdered so that sauce is less chunky.)
1 TBS of xanthum gum (thickens and helps sauce stick to wings really well)
1 teaspoon ginger

I marinate the wings in the prepared sauce. Then bake. Then coat the wings with the sauce again. Not to sweet and good bite!

Back