• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

ID Help..!! From the Hot Pepper Massive.

Hey Spicy People,

i got a mystery bag of seeds last year.... 90% of the time i can figure them out....
But i got a plant that's stumped me. At 1st i thought it was a lemon drop, it turns out not to be.

flower & fruit start out facing downwards, where lemon drop start upwards then move to the downward position .

i may be wrong... so any clues you can provide i would be most grateful.

Cheers
BB
updated pics...

20200208_095953.jpg
20200208_100104.jpg
20200208_095820.jpg

Bookers said:
I know im probably wrong, but looks like a pepperoncini... That calyx should tell a story.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
maybe....
but mine have a pointy end, unlike most  pepperoncini that normally have a blunt turned in end..

glad for the input...! :dance:

Brewster said:
glad for the input...! :dance:

I have a guess but would like better pix.Are there multiple flowers per node?

To fix that sideways issue, it is the stored EXIF Data that causes this.

Even if you don't have an iPhone (And this article talks about email orientation.), this is helpful, Why iPhone pictures flip when emailed, and how to fix it

Our intrepid leader posted this helpful hint.

The Hot Pepper said:
If you edit the pic before uploading it will upload correctly. Editing it "saves" the orientation instead of using native, which would be the way you held the phone. Really it is uploading correctly, but other sites like FB have better software that read the orientation EXIF.

The_NorthEast_ChileMan said:

I have a guess but would like better pix.Are there multiple flowers per node?

To fix that sideways issue, it is the stored EXIF Data that causes this.

Even if you don't have an iPhone (And this article talks about email orientation.), this is helpful, Why iPhone pictures flip when emailed, and how to fix it

Our intrepid leader posted this helpful hint.

updated pics.... have a look .... let me know!!

cheers
BB

Look at the pic below. Note multiple fruit per node circled and constricted calyx arrowed. Hense my asking "Are there multiple flowers per node?"

TPbExnW.jpg

you tell me... look at the new pics..
i can only see 2 per node... some only have 1...
and to constricted calyx as you call it.. yes it has that... see the new pics above...  i'm pretty sure its what you are talking about ...
so can you tell what it is...???

But I think it is a cross & not pure C. Chinense.>Key to Pepper Species

This seems possible to me, too.

Brewster said:
hey guys ... could it be these??

https://chilli-seedz.com/shop/chilli-seeds/chilli-chinense/devils-rib/

the description is spot on... glossy lime .. size..!

There are definitely similarities and it could be.  The leaves of yours have a particular look to them, though, that seems different.  Might get some more clues once the pods ripen.  Hopefully they taste great, whatever they are!

Hey Chilli People ....

a update... turns out ..not to be a Devils Rib...
looks like its a "Datil pepper"

the blurb & photos match pretty close..

Datil plants require sunshine and should be watered regularly. It takes 5 months for the plant to reach maturity. The plants bloom as green peppers but eventually turn orange-yellow when they mature. The longer you leave the peppers the hotter they become.

You can pick datil peppers when they are green. You can also wait for them to ripen further on the plant. They turn orange-yellow when they are ripe. You may notice purple spots on the green peppers. This is normal for these peppers.
The yellow peppers are hotter than the green ones. Thus you can pick the green ones if you can’t cope with the ripe yellow ones.

Datil pepper  001.jpg

Datil pepper  002.jpg

Datil pepper  003.jpg

cheers
BB

Back