• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

ID this 7pot/pod

I was growing 7pot that i bought from a vendor. Seems like its a 7 Pot Jonah.

Here are 2 pictures first one are on the pods mature and unmature it got some light green color.

2010_10_20_2361_640x427.jpg

The second picture is a normal 7pot/pod to the left and the 2 pods to the right are the "7 Pot Jonah" pods. Am i right?

2010_10_20_2363_640x427.jpg

I dont wanna taste them !! ;))

But if i am right i gonna send a mail to the vendor as its the 5th time i get wrong seeds from him/them.

//Oscar

the rugular red 7s are naga shaped. all of those look like jonah. if you watch neils vid on red 7pod ( the hippy seed company)on youtube youll seethe difference.

Hey everyone again
I thought I just posted but I guess I didn't :-( Anyways I too would like to know what mine are I bought them as seeds and they were I thought Bhuts...But as you see they are not ..here is my flicker page as I don't know how to post pic's on here...http://www.flickr.com/photos/addaboys/

Hey Naga
I was just looking at Niels vid's and his 7 pots are pointed . The Jonah and the regular P7 pot which is a little longer. I just really don't know which one I have. I know it is really bumpy and very hollow and light in weight.

the rugular red 7s are naga shaped. all of those look like jonah. if you watch neils vid on red 7pod ( the hippy seed company)on youtube youll seethe difference.

Yes, thats what i tought as well. And afk the regular 7 shold have a darker green color.
Is the Jonah, light green?

nice looking pods nickdu... do u have any fresh now ?

Yes judy pods are still Ripening in the greenhouse although at a much reduced rate as the temperature and daylight is much less in October in the uk ive just installed a greenhouse heater today so i will be able to extend the growing season for a few weeks yet.The Red Seven im growing is blistering hot and produces masses of pods on plants upto five feet high
007-3.jpg

006-1.jpg

063.jpg

007-1.jpg

I like to think this is the true strain of the Seven Pod but who knows.

I disagree with this. True Neil's 7 Pods are shaped like a Naga and come to a point, I had three of them this year. Every other 7 Pod I've grown, Jonah, regular, Primo and one without a special name were all shaped more like a scorpion without the prominent tail. Heck some have had a tail. One of the key giveaways for a 7 Johan is how thin skinned they are and how hollow they sound when you tap one.

Here's one of my 7 Jonah's. It's beginning to turn red but you can see the pale green color they start out with in the foreground.

IMG_6175re.jpg

nickdu those look pretty Jonahish to me. Does it have a hollow ring when you tap it?

Yes they do,there are so many different Seven Pods around i think its because they are very easy to cross pollinate,now Fatalii imho a quite different prospect ive found it quite hard to cross.

nickdu yours 7pots looks exactly like mine.
Where did you get them from?
I still think those are Jonah's ;)

Patric the hole in the bottom of the pod. Mine have this as well and the color are exact the same.
And the vendor also sells or sold Jonah's shortly after i bought my 7pot´s from him.

I know i asked before what color a 7pot shold have unripe and i got the answer that it should have dark colors.

I know i asked before what color a 7pot shold have unripe and i got the answer that it should have dark colors.

As Patrick said the Jonahs start off a pale green and I agree with him about them sounding hollow. When first picked, mine had a plastic feel... as though they were fake. Like a piece of Lego :)

Yes they do,there are so many different Seven Pods around i think its because they are very easy to cross pollinate,now Fatalii imho a quite different prospect ive found it quite hard to cross.

I have a Fatalii cross. Two years ago, a couple of very kind members sent me some Fatalii seeds. One of them did not grow true. I've successfully cloned it a few times. It produces scorchingly hot, small, orange peppers. If I ever get a stable growing environment, I may attempt to stabilize it.

Back